Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy

3 posters

Go down

Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy Empty Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy

Post by Ponee Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:38 am

Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy

Posted on March 14, 2014

Vietnam would be the main beneficiary of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement with its exports and wages increasing and its business climate improving, experts said at a seminar in Ho Chi Minh City Wednesday.

Vietnam and its largest importer and investor, the European Union, began negotiations for a comprehensive free trade agreement in June 2012, and the deal is expected to be concluded in September.

Truong Dinh Tuyen, former trade minister and now the key EU-MUTRAP [European Trade Policy and Investment Support Project] expert, said that under the FTA, WTO commitments on trade in goods and services would be strengthened.

Areas not touched by WTO commitments, like investments, government procurement, state-owned enterprises and competition policy, sustainable development, and renewable energy would be affected by the FTA.

Claudio Dordi, technical assistance team leader of EU-MUTRAP, said when the agreement takes effect, tariff reductions alone would increase Vietnam’s exports to the EU by 30 to 40 percent.

Textiles and clothing, footwear, and processed foods will be the sectors most likely to benefit from the agreement, a report released by the EU-MUTRAP said, adding that the extent of expansion of production capacity would determine whether the increase in exports would be significant.

Pham Thi Lan Huong, another EU-MUTRAP expert, said Vietnam should increase imports of machinery and equipment from the EU since they would become cheaper thanks to the imminent tariff cuts and offer high technology.

The agreement would help services expand significantly while other trade related areas currently under negotiation, such as procurement, customs,and trade facilitation are expected to yield substantial welfare gains and lead to an improved business climate, according to EU-MUTRAP experts.

They claimed that around 95,700 people are expected to get out of poverty by2020 due to the FTA, with the rural population benefiting the most, as exports of agricultural products to the EU rise and EU investments generate more jobs.

Tuyen said the report fails to fully analyze the impacts of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) of which Vietnam is a member and the tremendous and multi-dimensional impacts of the EU-VN FTA on the TPP.

Around a quarter of Vietnam’s exports go to the EU, while 13 percent of Vietnam’s imports come from the bloc.

The major exports to the EU are footwear, furniture, frozen fish, and coffee, and the major import items are aircraft, cruise ships, motor vehicles, and manufactured goods.

Last year Vietnam’s exports increased by 20 percent to US$25.4 billion.

The EU has a growing trade deficit with Vietnam.

The seminar titled “Social, Economic and Environmental Assessment of an EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (FTA)” was held by EU-MUTRAP and the WTO Affairs Consultation Center of Ho Chi Minh City.

Source: Thanh Nien News
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy Empty Re: Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy

Post by Saint Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:48 am

Nice to know info about how they are working on being totally independent with the exception of oil and gas. Thank you   angelwing

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy Empty Re: Vietnam Economic News: Free trade deal with EU a boost for Vietnam economy

Post by Goldiegirl Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Because China wants to move their manufacturing to Vietnam. It's becoming to expensive in China now to make that cheap crap we are forced to buy. This somewhat goes along with the post on Vietnam's economy increasing by 2016.
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum