Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine

3 posters

Go down

Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine Empty Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine

Post by Ponee Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:42 am

Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine

By Jonathan Wolfe, Mon, February 24, 2014

Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine Safe_image.php?d=AQDBBzFvZRoFJg7y&w=398&h=208&url=http%3A%2F%2Fs21.postimg.org%2F6x0h9a1pj%2Fmarine

Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel announced last week that he will not reconsider fallen Marine Sgt. Rafael Peralta for the Medal of Honor award.

Peralta, who died in Iraq in 2004, was awarded the Navy Cross following his death. But those who fought with him on the day he died say he deserves the military’s highest honor.

Peralta led a group of Marines into a house holding insurgents in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. Peralta was injured after entering the house. After being injured, Peralta saw a grenade on the floor. If allowed to detonate freely, the grenade surely would have injured or killed several Marines. In a selfless heroic act, Peralta jumped on top of the grenade and concealed the blast. The explosion killed him.

An initial medical report on Peralta’s body said he was already dead prior to the grenade’s explosion. A panel reviewing Peralta’s death said he died from a head injury moments before and that any effort to conceal the grenade blast was involuntary. They decided the Navy Cross – the military’s second highest award – was fitting.

Both Peralta’s family and the Marines who witnessed his death say he is deserving of the Medal of Honor. New photographs of Peralta’s body that surfaced confirmed that he did, in fact, conceal the blast of the grenade. Secretary of Defense Hagel agreed to re-examine the death. After looking into Peralta’s death, Hagel agreed with his predecessors in saying the death doesn’t meet the “proof beyond a reasonable doubt” standard the Medal of Honor demands.

The Marines who witnessed Peralta’s death remain unwavering in their belief that Peralta deserves the nation’s highest honor. That, according to Army veteran and Military Times Hall of Valor curator Douglas Sterner, should be enough.

“The Medal of Honor is recommended by the comrades in arms that witness the action,” Sterner said. “It has to go through a vetting process, but the individuals who witness the action should be the basis on which that medal is awarded. I have never heard ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’ used in the same sentence as Medal of Honor before. It’s a legal term, not a military term.”

Robert Reynolds, a Marine present at Peralta’s death, credits the fallen marine with saving his life.

Reynolds said Peralta’s bravery was the type of thing “you only hear about in boot camp" and added that "he gave me a chance to a second life.”

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine Empty Re: Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine

Post by HezekiaH Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:30 pm

I have to agree with the soldiers present.

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine Empty Re: Defense Secretary Hagel Denies Medal Of Honor To Heroic Fallen Marine

Post by Ponee Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:41 pm

Shame on those who do not want to give him the highest honors.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Hagel is a real piece of work. Almost as bad as Kerry.
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum