Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article)

Go down

US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article) Empty US Vice President begins his visit in China (with lovely granddaughter; see photos in this article)

Post by albosdo Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:53 am

http://english.cntv.cn/program/asiatoday/20110818/105449.shtml

US Vice President begins his visit in China

08-18-2011 09:37 BJT

Play Video
With the shadow of the US debt crisis and unease about arms sales to Taiwan, Biden is visiting China from Wednesday to next Monday.

Biden arrived at Beijing International Airport Wednesday Evening.

Later, he is to meet with Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping and top legislator Wu Bangguo.

During the visit, Biden will also stop in Chengdu, the capital of southwest China's Sichuan province, where he will deliver a keynote speech at Sichuan University.

The trip is his first to China since he took office in 2009.

It comes after the US's loss of its top-tier triple A credit rating from Standard & Poor's.

The White House says Biden's trip aims to boost Chinese investors' confidence in the US economy, as China is currently the US's largest holder of its debt.

Photo taken on Aug. 17, 2011 shows an airplane carrying Vice President of the United States Joseph Biden landed in Beijing, capital of China. Biden kicked off a six-day official visit to China. (Xinhua/Li Xueren)

Meanwhile, monetary policy is one of the biggest issues in China-US relations. The US alleges the yuan is undervalued, and has been pushing China to appreciate the currency.

US arms sales to Taiwan have also been an issue between the two countries for many years.

As the 2012 general election approaches, some US lawmakers have started pressuring the Obama administration to sell F-16 fighter jets to Taiwan, at a cost of 4.5 billion US dollars. US media suggests Washington will announce its decision in September.

However, White House officials say it is not top of US Vice President Joe Biden's agenda.

His visit to China is part of a trip that will also take him to Mongolia and Japan.

The Vice President of the United States Joseph Biden arrives in Beijing, capital of China, on Aug. 17, 2011. (Xinhua/Li Xueren)

Vice President of the United States Joseph Biden (2nd R) arrives in Beijing, capital of China, on Aug. 17, 2011. (Xinhua/Li Xueren)

albosdo

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum