Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards

3 posters

Go down

Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards Empty Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards

Post by Ponee Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:50 am

By Doris Quintanilla, Tue, December 03, 2013

Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards Christmasschoolban

Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards

Students at a Georgia elementary school returned from Thanksgiving break to empty halls where their teachers’ Christmas cards once hung. The cards were removed as part of the school administration’s crackdown on religious items.

“They took down the cards so the kids can’t see them,” Robb Kicklighter, whose wife is a third grade teacher at Brooklet Elementary School, said. “Some of the cards had the word ‘Christmas’ and some had Nativity scenes.”

The cards have been put behind an office door so only teachers could access them, a move that has upset many.

“It’s really sad because the students look forward to seeing those homemade Christmas cards every year,” he said. “It’s stirred a lot conversation. This has been a tradition and the kids are wondering what happened to the cards.”

Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards Safe_image.php?d=AQBNTP76xaImkxKC&w=398&h=208&url=http%3A%2F%2Fazgovernor.gov%2FPGallery%2Fadmin%2Fimages%2FChristmasTreeLight

The Americans United for Separation of Church and State have filed a complaint with the Bullock Board of Education, according to the Bullock County Citizens for Religious Liberties Facebook page.
Now, items such as Bibles and Christian music have also been banned at the school.

“It’s an attack on Christianity,” Kicklighter said. “It seems like every time we turn around, someone is offended.”

Hundreds have joined the Bulloch County Citizens for Religious Liberties Facebook page to protest the censorship, with many planning to attend a school board meeting on Thursday to voice out their opinions.

“Teachers, faculty, and students have the right to reasonable private expression and should not have that right taken away because of a complaint made by an outside entity like the AUSCS,” Jonathan Cook of the Facebook group wrote.

However, the Bulloch County School District issued a statement saying that “Christmas is alive and well,” according to WSAV. The issue, the statement read, was a privacy concern on behalf of one of the faculty members, and not a religious one.

“Bulloch County Schools nor BES’s administrators have not, nor do they plan to, remove any student’s learning experiences about Christmas or any other season holiday. Students returned Monday from Thanksgiving break, and already student’s holiday artwork is going up on bulletin boards, walls and doorways,” the statement added.

Other schools across the nation are restricting Christmas related items. York Preparatory Academy in Rock Hill, S.C. has banned Christmas carols with religious tones such as “Joy to the World” and “Oh Come All Ye Faithful.”

Sources: Townhall.com, The Blaze, Facebook, WSAV

Last edited by Ponee on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards Empty Re: Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards

Post by Ponee Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:53 am

Wow, Unbelievable. I would go and buy a dozen boxes of cards and wallpaper my classroom.  OUT OF CONTROL... Thank God I was able to home school !!!!!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards Empty Re: Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards

Post by Kevind53 Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:20 am

The Supreme Court has been very clear that religious expression in schools is 100% Constitutional as long as it is student initiated.  They have also made it very clear that INDIVIDUAL religious expression is Constitutional in the workplace -- if you are a teacher it is legal to have a bible on your desk, and it is also for you to sponsor a student led bible study, Christian fellowship or prayer group. In fact, in their rulings they have stated that it is UNconstitutional to prohibit such things. Yet progressives continue to try and intimidate schools and business in order to achieve their goals.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards 2805820865  Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards 2805820865  Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards 2805820865  Brooklet Elementary School Confiscates Christmas Cards 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:56 am

Here is there phone number, I called and was promptly hung up on. (912) 842-2735

Brooklet Elementary School
Address: 600 W Lane St, Brooklet, GA 30415

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum