Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot)

2 posters

Go down

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) Empty The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot)

Post by Ponee Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 pm

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot)
Oct. 1, 2013

By RUSSELL GOLDMAN

So, it's happened. Congress could not agree on a budget and the U.S. federal government has shut down all non-essential services. Hundreds of thousands of government workers have been furloughed without knowing when they will return to work.

Oh my God! Oh my God! I saw this on "Doomsday Preppers." Total collapse! I knew I should have built that bomb shelter and started hoarding lentils.

Cool your jets. This is far from the apocalypse. The government has not ground to a complete halt. Services deemed essential like Medicare, mail delivery, tax collection and the military will continue to operate. Non-essential departments and employees, like national park rangers and NASA staff (who aren't currently in orbit) will be furloughed. Also, the National Zoo will be closed.

Someone is going to get a very angry tweet about this! If only I knew who to blame… and also how this happened. 

Every year Congress has to agree on a budget to fund the government. The fiscal year ended on Sept. 30, but Congress was unable come to a consensus about how best to use federal funds. Without a budget – essentially a law passed by both the House of Representatives and the Senate -- to pay employees and fund programs for the new fiscal year, the government effectively shut down at midnight on Oct. 1.

Despite several last minute attempts, lawmakers could not even agree to a stopgap measure that would fund the government temporarily.

Those guys can never agree on anything. And now they're going to let all the animals at the National Zoo starve to death. Those poor pandas! Why couldn't they just make a deal?

Firstly, all of the animals will be fed and taken care of. The pandacam, however, will be shut down.

The sticking point in the negotiations was funding the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, the president's signature piece of legislation that would increase the number of Americans who receive health insurance by requiring them to buy it.

The House is controlled by Republicans, whose Tea Party faction is wholly opposed to Obamacare. They've tried to use the budget as leverage to defund or delay Obamacare.

Every budget they sent to the Senate for approval was bounced back, because the Senate is controlled by Democrats who want see Obamacare succeed.

So after all that Obamacare is going to be defunded anyway?

No. Obamacare will not be affected by the shutdown. In fact, the online marketplaces to buy insurance went live at midnight, just as the rest of the government shut down.

I'm sure this sort of thing has never happened before. I would have heard about the zombies.

There won't be any zombies. (Hopefully, anyway. The CDC is shutting down.) But, there have been shutdowns in the past, usually not lasting more than a few days at a time. The most recent shutdown was in 1996, when President Bill Clinton and House Republicans led by Speaker Newt Gingrich could not reach a deal. That shutdown lasted nearly a month.

So now what happens?

We have to wait for one side to blink and agree to cut a deal. Lawmakers are back at it today. On Monday night the House decided to form a "bipartisan committee" to come up with a proposal, but if any part of that deal includes defunding Obamacare, the Senate will reject it. Federal employees will continue to go unpaid until a budget is struck.

But in the meantime, all Americans can just break the law free of consequence and don't have to go work?

No. No. No! You're an idiot.

Follow the link to the page for the video coverage of the SHUT DOWN....                               http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/government-shutdown-explained-idiot/story?id=20432756

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) Empty Re: The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot)

Post by Horizon Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:24 pm

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) 1378408_580150102038279_1231745722_n

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) Empty Re: The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot)

Post by Horizon Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:24 pm

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) 1377172_578061452231537_801056701_n

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) 7_6_8

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 pm

The Government Shutdown Explained (Like You're an Idiot) 68627_10151691162587945_1270436731_n

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum