Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL

HomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
YOU MUST Sign in with your USERNAME to POST
Follow us on TWITTER
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 

How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greenlight
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:38 pm

If they RV at the current discussed rate of 3.44 (or thereabouts) and an Iraqi citizen walks in to the local grocery store and purchases a coke, how much will that coke cost him in Dinar?
Explain the process and see if you can make good sense of it.
I'm a simple man and can't seem to make it come out good for that Iraqi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Hey Greenlight that's a good question.  I guess I'm a simple women, or it would make my head hurt to figure that one out so, "Where's Kevin"?coffee 

Makin' Plans...

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ou812
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:46 pm

They would better off buying a Sodastream machine.   "LOL"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Current price is about 500IQD, so if it were to RV at 1:1 it would be about .5 IQD, so at 3.44, I would estimate about ..15 IQD ... There are probably other factors that I would not know about as a non-economist ... but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenlight
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:09 pm

@Kevind53 wrote:
Current price is about 500IQD, so if it were to RV at 1:1 it would be about .5 IQD, so at 3.44, I would estimate about ..15 IQD ... There are probably other factors that I would not know about as a non-economist ... but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
15 IQD at 3.44 would make that coke cost roughly $52 USD.
Also, there is no way to actually pay the cashier 15 IQD. The smallest in circulation is 1000 IQD and those are hard to come by.
So...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Along with a revaluation comes lower denominations including coin, So it is more than feasible.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenlight
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:30 pm

@rick152 wrote:
Along with a revaluation comes lower denominations including coin, So it is more than feasible.
That's the only possible scenario for an RV.
So if Iraq is postponing the IQN until 2014 at the earliest, how can anyone look for an RV this year?
So, once the IQN comes out, at 3.44 rate, 1000 IQD = 1 IQN = 3.44 USD.
That seems to be the only scenario available.
So once the IQN comes out, we can then look for a possible RV of higher that .86 USD/IQN.
Then they can use a .5 IQN to purchase that coke.
Is this how you see it or do you see it another way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 pm

In theory, and only if  IF the prices were to be like par with the same base price we pay here in America, If one said a coke was 1 dollar and price pared to the dinar, the price in Iraq COULD look like .29 dinar.  Those 2 prices would be the same either way because using the 3.44 per as you put it the .29 would equal 1 dollar.  It however is TOTALLY unlikely as the bottler might have other ideas, like, coke is a heavily valued commodity and not readily available so why not set the price at 1 dinar instead, then it would be equal to $3.44 U.S.D.

(Shyly he says I hope my math is right LOL)

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DinarPhoenix
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Always remember that 1 dinar will always be worth 1 dinar in Iraq, and 1 dollar will always be worth 1 dollar in the United States. You only get different rates when comparing one currency to another. If Iraq were to purchase their Coke or any product from the United States they would have much more purchasing power because of the exchange rate. Therefore their "cost of goods" would be lower. If it sells for $1.50 in the United States it should sell for around .50 in Iraq.

A high rate is good for imports but bad for exports. For example if Iraq makes an electronic widget that wholesales in country for $150. It they want to expand and ship it to the United States, distributors here would have to pay close to $500 for the widget. In most cases this makes the product to expensive to sell here in the US. Thats why we buy all our stuff at Wal Mart and it reads "made in china".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks DinarPhoenix, that is around the line I thought it was. You explained it well, I can know something, but not really know how to explain it! 
Thank you all for explaining this!coffee 

Makin' Plans...

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 pm

@greenlight wrote:
@Kevind53 wrote:
15 IQD at 3.44 would make that coke cost roughly $52 USD.
Also, there is no way to actually pay the cashier 15 IQD. The smallest in circulation is 1000 IQD and those are hard to come by.
So...
You missed the decimal point ... so it would actually be 52 cents. They are supposedly have smaller denominations not in circulation. They did have cons down to 1/4 dinar, and there is a fractional currency much like our cent called a fil. It's value is 1/1000 dinar.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Back to top Go down
View user profile
catman
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:48 am

I think it would probably cost one USD just like it always has.  If it had really RVed in country for $3.44 I think we would have heard it from a few people in Iraq that post here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenlight
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:17 am

@rick152 wrote:
In theory, and only if  IF the prices were to be like par with the same base price we pay here in America, If one said a coke was 1 dollar and price pared to the dinar, the price in Iraq COULD look like .29 dinar.  Those 2 prices would be the same either way because using the 3.44 per as you put it the .29 would equal 1 dollar.  It however is TOTALLY unlikely as the bottler might have other ideas, like, coke is a heavily valued commodity and not readily available so why not set the price at 1 dinar instead, then it would be equal to $3.44 U.S.D.

You have not stated how that Iraqi is going to pay for it.
Given that the 1000 IQD note is the smallest in circulation, it would be worth $3,440.00 after the RV.
The only way to continue in commerce is to use the USD to pay for everyday common goods - such as that coke.
Within days the economy would be flooded with USD and that's exactly what they are trying to change.
As I said, an RV is not possible w/o first introducing the IQN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenlight
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:24 am

@Kevind53 wrote:

You missed the decimal point ... so it would actually be 52 cents. They are supposedly have smaller denominations not in circulation. They did have cons down to 1/4 dinar, and there is a fractional currency much like our cent called a fil. It's value is 1/1000 dinar.
Now you deep in the theoretical and not in reality. Since there is nothin in circulation below 1000 IQD, which would be then worth about $3,440 USD, how would that Iraqi cough up the equivalent of $0.52 USD in IQD? As I said to Rick above, it would not be long before the market is flooded with USD, which in very much contrary to their intentions.
They have to come out with the IQN before any such RV can happen - no matter what we believe about the RV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenlight
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:28 am

@catman wrote:
I think it would probably cost one USD just like it always has.  If it had really RVed in country for $3.44 I think we would have heard it from a few people in Iraq that post here.
Exactly! People would still use the USD and even more so except for purchases that are nearly a year's worth of Iraqi salary. 
And there would be more than just the ROOS telling us there is dancing in the streets and people are buying up everything... We would be hearing it from reliable sources... like CNN or FOX. Something like that could not be quieted. 
But instead, we see bombings and near civil wars whenever we see videos of Iraq.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:30 am

How much is a coke in Kuwait,there is most likely your answer......The price is Dinar 0.321. Find the prices of more products in Kuwait (Kuwait)! ... The price of 2 liters of Coca-Cola in Kuwait is Dinar 0.321.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DinarPhoenix
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:20 am

Greenlight you are correct in that the new Low Denoms would have to be introduced prior to, or in conjuction with an RV.  That is why they are calling for the "project to delete the zeros" to start as soon as possible. Some articles indicate the project has been postponed until the first part of next year, yet other officials are calling for it to happen sooner. (this year) It would be nice to kick off 2014 with a new currency, a new rate, and just one corresponding budget.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:37 am

@greenlight wrote:
@Kevind53 wrote:

Now you deep in the theoretical and not in reality. Since there is nothin in circulation below 1000 IQD, which would be then worth about $3,440 USD, how would that Iraqi cough up the equivalent of $0.52 USD in IQD? As I said to Rick above, it would not be long before the market is flooded with USD, which in very much contrary to their intentions.
They have to come out with the IQN before any such RV can happen - no matter what we believe about the RV.
Well not quite theoretical we know for sure there are currency/coins as small as 50 dinar in existence, just not in common usage. Beyond that, it would be simple enough to mint coins for smaller amounts. They have the technology, it's just a matter of doing it when the time is right.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:14 am

@greenlight wrote:
@rick152 wrote:

You have not stated how that Iraqi is going to pay for it.
Given that the 1000 IQD note is the smallest in circulation, it would be worth $3,440.00 after the RV.
The only way to continue in commerce is to use the USD to pay for everyday common goods - such as that coke.
Within days the economy would be flooded with USD and that's exactly what they are trying to change.
As I said, an RV is not possible w/o first introducing the IQN.

Along with a revaluation comes lower denominations including coin, So it is more than feasible. You did ask the question as if the RV had already taken place, hence the 3.44 number.

so please;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BritishBulldog
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:43 pm

The thing that i think people are missing is the cost of things in different countries. I am only speaking what I know but take England for example. I was just back there a few weeks ago and a LITRE of gas was 1.39 pounds...that works out to almost $9 a gallon!!  A pair of regular Levi's jeans costs around 55 pounds...close to $90.  An iPad is 499...$750-800.  It's the same stuff we are buying here...

The cost of certain items are the same from the manufacturer...but remember the stuff has to get there!!  With the price of gas prices outside of the US are always going to be alot higher because of that.  I could make a killing going back with a suitcase full of levis jeans and then selling them off...it's ridiculous!! Just relative to where things are I guess...Im sure a coke being a theoretical $3.44 isn't out of the realm of possibility since it would be considered a luxury and those things come with price tags!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?   Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Actually, the numbers I used were based upon the actual cost of a Coke in Iraq. I did not try to factor in inflation or any other variable.... just the current cost of 500 dinar and projected changes in value of the dinar.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

How much will that Coke cost if they RV at 3.44?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: DINAR/IRAQ -- NEWS -- GURUS and DISCUSSIONS :: DINAR/IRAQ QUESTIONS and DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to: