Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL

HomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
Follow us on TWITTER
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 

A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Perhaps, but as bad as the US is, a lot of countries are much, much worse. will the USD tank? Perhaps, but the fact remains that many countries will tank long before we do. It's a real mess worldwide, and IMO if you are looking for a safe haven, well ... good luck. If things are bad enough for the USD to tank, I don't think anything else will be much good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4aprofit

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Its already a monetary basket case here in the U.S. now....that's why some are seeking alternative avenues like the emerging markets and/or currencies...(Anyone and everything big is already located somewhere else physically, or trying to get there)....I know more folks personally who have lost here than anywhere else...and it has'nt even started to get bad here yet!...LOL...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Hold 'em or sell 'em....I do not have enough that selling would make a difference to my situation right now anyway...maybe I will take 'em down to the world poker tourney at the Rio this week...

cashingIn

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:57 pm

4aprofit wrote:
Its already a monetary basket case here in the U.S. now....that's why some are seeking alternative avenues like the emerging markets and/or currencies...(Anyone and everything big is already located somewhere else physically, or trying to get there)....I know more folks personally who have lost here than anywhere else...and it has'nt even started to get bad here yet!...LOL...

Well you probably also know more folks who invested here than anywhere else. Really it is not anything new, richer, developed countries have been losing unskilled/semi skilled jobs to countries with cheaper labor rates for a long, long, time. Japan, Taiwan, Korea, India ... China .... Vietnam ... Emerging markets are good, but not without risk ...

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 pm

They are ALL a risk- Look at our investment-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Exactly, you have to weigh the pros and the cons, decide what and how much risk you can tolerate.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Back to top Go down
View user profile
4aprofit

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:48 am

I just wonder why after the G-20 meeting in Las Cabos, Mexico here a while back...as well as the IMF, at about the same time...were both putting out news articles.."stating that the global economy would be boosted by the emerging market countries"...hmmm?

And if they are emerging'....and not there yet..(like we are supposed to be)...they must surely have something that we have'nt been told about...that they possess...and if we are already there'...why would we need them?...hmmm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:32 am

Simply put the days of isolationism are over. What one country does economically ripples across the world. There is no one nation that is totally self reliant. Raw materials, foodstuffs and finished products flow from all over the world, and if something interrupts that flow it can have a ripple effect throughout the economy. If by emerging countries you are talking about the BRICS, you are talking about large economies and nations that are emerging from third world status and are already major trade partners with a rapidly growing consumer market eager to buy products from countries such as the US.

What do they have? Well, relatively cheap albeit unskilled labor, raw materials, food stuffs, etc. Try building a guitar without wood from Brazil and Indonesia, certain mineral resources are only found or most cheaply extracted in certain nations, certain foodstuffs only grow there, our out of season fresh fruits and vegetables we so love come from many "emerging countries." We are dependent upon many of these countries for minerals such as bauxite, used to make aluminum. Australia is the largest producer, but they are followed by China, Brazil, India, and Guinea.

So why do we need them? Because the modern world has become economically interdependent. Are they a viable investment? Sure, but you must know the risks, they could at any time nationalize their industry and leave you out in the cold. There could be revolution, a military coup, labor unrest, major terrorism, sectarian violence ... the list goes on. These are not pulled out of thin air, but things we have seen in these countries in the past, and are seeing today. They could sail through, they could crash and burn, we have no way to be sure. If you want to invest, go ahead, but know that no investment is 100% guaranteed, and investments such as you are proposing carry significant and inherent risks with them. Do your research, know your investment, and make sure the risk is acceptable to you. Most of all make sure that you can afford to lose the money you invest, because make no mistake, it is at risk.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
4aprofit

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:32 am

Everything is a risk..period....but the U.S. is predominently become a consumer nation...refiineries, steel mills, auto makers, you name it...all for the most part..GONE!....The emerging market countries are doing what we used to do that made us great....if one has ever visited some of these countries and talked to the owners and managers...it will lirterally blow you away...the incentives to move industries from here is unbelievable...that is why these countries and the companies from the U.S. that have relocated are thriving...

There is no research to do...it's called follow the money...it's easy...I've been in some of these countries and spoke with the people hands on....that are thriving...where before, if they had maintained the previous course, they would have soon been disolved as per even existing as a company...

Take OSHA, EPA, LABOR UNIONS...and many other regulations...not to mention OBAMACARE...I will put it this way...if things keep going the way they are...many more corporations will dissolve or relocate..OR SIMPLY CEAST TO EXIST!....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Yep and let us not forget gorilla groups, corrupt politicians, I have talked to people who do business in a number of those countries and corruption is a way of life. You don't get anything done unless you grease the right people with a sufficient supply of USD. Nationalization of industry without warning, it's happened many times before and will happen again, more than once. Radicalization of the population, it's not a bed of roses. As far as losing auto manufacturing for example, many foreign companies have opened plants in the US in recent years. We have not really lost any American companies, some brands, but it was probably past time for that.

Despite losses of some industry, the US GDP is still twice that of any other country, only the combined GDP of the EU is larger and that only slightly. Measured per capita, we are number 6, most of the countries before us are small oil rich countries like Qatar or Kuwait, or small financial countries like Switzerland and Hong Kong. Yea the US has problems, but there is still a lot to be said for it. Nor is it as desolate of industry as you think. The US is number 2 in industrial production, number 1 in all categories of high tech production, number 3 in agricultural production, and number 1 in service (A service is the non-material equivalent of a good. it can include elements of agriculture and industrial production. Think communications, banking, and finances for starters.)

For comparison's sake, the BRICS nation with the highest industrial output is India at number 4 with half our output, next is Brazil at number 6. It's total industrial output is 1/4 that of the US. The next highest is Indonesia at number 13, less than a quarter of our output. Clearly our industrial output is still formidable. I would go so far as to postulate that we are seeing not a hemorrhaging, but a shifting, much as what we say when the great wool and cotton mills closed in the 30's only to be replaced by more modern higher technology manufacturing. Further, the modernization of manufacturing and associated increases in efficiency means that in many cases, fewer workers in less plants are producing more goods. Here are a couple of charts to illustrate my point, one a little dated, but still good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
4aprofit

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:55 am

If any of this is actually true, then why is everything for the most part shutting down...no jobs, no commerce, zero, zilch, nada...my community, your community...it's everywhere....I guess we all need to move to where these charts are made....and ask for a job at the charting/mapping agency...looks as if they're the only ones showing any positivity...as per where I'm at...and as for many other areas of the country where I talk to folks..it's past being bad......

I wonder if the folks that feed us this data are like Fox and CNN...whereby we are potty trained as per what to believe since birth......

Let's get some folks to post on here where they have a great economy in their community...maybe we all can go there....hey, it might be a new revelation to find all of us jobs...lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:28 am

Ask 'O' why the economy is so screwed up- He hates us, he hates America, and he's even said, " I want the people to hurt, I want them to feel the pain'- All the good jobs were sent over seas, a lot of them were shut down, and it all started with snapperhead Bushfraud-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 am

I think you are getting your information from somewhat biased sources yourself. Things are flat, but I would not say they are shutting down. Some areas are worse than others, and jobs are tight, but I see plenty of ads in my travels. Personally, I am self employed and I have seen growth every year. Are things great? No, I am not sure I would go so far as to say they are good, but they are slowly improving. Not as quickly as we would like, but improving, and still a heck of a lot better then they have been at other times in our history. Face it, things can and are spun either way to fit any person or groups agenda. That is why I pretty much stay away from a lot of websites, I am not interested in their spin on things even if I might agree with their philosophies. I try to be a realist and spend a lot of time searching out the truth to the best of my ability. I don't make stuff up, but I don't spoon feed folks either. The facts I post are out there and verifiable with just a little digging. Search them out for yourself and make up your own mind.

On a related note, I see there were major, violent protests in one of your emerging economies last night, Brazil. Indonesia, another emerging economy isn't looking so hot right now either, seems the Muslim extremists have been very busy, and China seems to be having some major financial issues coming to a head. Looks like the central government may try to ride it out by throwing the (state controlled) banks and industry under the bus.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Actually things aren't too bad here in Oklahoma.  Of course, you do have to have some initiative and get out to find work.  Then show up every day, apply yourself, do a good job, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4aprofit

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:43 pm

You dont have to have protests in America for it to be violent...there are more killed by crime in the U.S., in just a major city or two...in the same time period as there were troops killed in Iraq in the war!...And this is not philosophical or off the internet...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:55 pm

4aprofit wrote:
You dont have to have protests in America for it to be violent...there are more killed by crime in the U.S., in just a major city or two...in the same time period as there were troops killed in Iraq in the war!...And this is not philosophical or off the internet...

True, and true of virtually every city in the world, so it is a bit of a straw man argument. Actually if you are talking violence in cities, three of the top twenty and seven in the top 30 per capita. The highest city in the USA is N.O. at number 21, next is Detroit at number 30. In fact, Brazil has more cities in the top 50 than Mexico. In justice Mexico has way more in the top 20, but overall Brazil has more.

Neither have my statements been philosophical. I have used the internet to a degree to confirm my position, but I have also been careful to use multiple sources and avoid as best I can sites with an obvious agenda. Face it, the internet is in many ways the best place to do research, not perfect, but what is? You just need to use common sense and discernment.

BTW of interest to dinarians, not one Iraqi city made the top 50.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
4aprofit

PostSubject: Re: A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....   Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Having been in many third world countries...I'm more scared to be in some of the supposedly "safe" cities here in America, as opposed to some of the other places that were considered and rated dangerous around the world...sure, there are bad places everywhere in the world...but here in America, many of the problems, that are now escalating, are primarily due to the influx of gangs and illegal aliens coming across our borders, not to mention a non-working part of some of the entitlement groups that seek to extort from anyone...and not just due to being hungry...(many of these folks even have everything provided for them)..many of the crimes here are pure evil, and even some are just perpetrated for just fun and games, not to mention drugs...where in many areas of the world, most are too busy just trying to eat and survive in most of these third world countries, that is predominently why they commit crimes in these third world countries...there is a difference...and of course in either situation it can be dangerous and/or deadly...not wanting to argue, but once the first major catastrophe hits the U.S...and/or when martial law is declared here...get ready for armegeddon, a civil war, etc...yes, right here in America...It's easy to see it building...Many countries are already impoverished and downtrodden..and are used to making it with little...unlike the U.S., whereby a total 180 degree flip of the switch on everything would bring about the unthinkable....I rest my case..go figure...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A post from Richard Anthony of Dinar Investors... An update from Baghdad....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: DINAR/IRAQ -- NEWS -- GURUS and DISCUSSIONS :: DINAR/IRAQ QUESTIONS and DISCUSSIONS-