Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap

Swim Anyone??

Go down

Swim Anyone??

Post  alleyrose on Thu May 23, 2013 10:32 pm

alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swim Anyone??

Post  Terbo56 on Thu May 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Ehhhh, he's just a baby-We have gators down here in Florida the size of travel trailers-
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevind53 on Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 pm

I've seen your gators ... and that croc (or cayman note to pointy snout) IS the size of a travel trailer. Judging by the people I would say 15 feet or so ... not somethiong you want to meet in a back alley or anywhere without your tank!

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terbo56 on Thu May 23, 2013 10:48 pm

We eat gator tail at the local restaurant, and it is delicious! Oddly enough, it is called 'The Crazy Gator', and the food is excellent, cold beer and spirits, a real good time, great view of Lake Eustis, and not far to the tourist train, the 'Orange Blossom Cannonball', the locomotive is an old 2-6-2 woodburner, oldtime passenger coaches, and has starred on many TV shows and movies, and can be ridden at the downtown Tavares train station- It is a newly built station to replicate the original station that was there long ago, in the early 1900's-:cheers:
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevind53 on Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 pm

I used to ride the Black River and Western often as a kid. The have an old Alco 2-8-0 that was their only operating engine back then ... Just came off a refit ...

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevind53 on Thu May 23, 2013 11:00 pm

I used to ride the Black River and Western often as a kid. The have an old Alco 2-8-0 that was their only operating engine back then ... It's been a star more than a couple of times as well ... Just came off a refit ...

Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terbo56 on Thu May 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Now that is 'saweeeeet'!! I love the old steam locomotives, and tenders- The firemen earned their pay, I'll tell you that, and a lot of them didn't live long enough to get their railroad pensions-In the State of Maine, out behind the Bangor and Aroostook shops, at Northern Maine Junction was a slate tombstone, and painted on it were the words, 'From over work, and too much tension, to heaven they were sent, without their pensions'- They busted their arses for what pay they got back in the day, and sweat and froze to keep those steam locomotives moving-affraid
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alleyrose on Thu May 23, 2013 11:17 pm

The difference with our crocs and your gators is that ours will eat you alive and yours are a lot more placid! I've watched Gator Boys lol! Our crocs are huuuuuge!!! When it Rv's come over and visit Steve Irwins Australia Zoo it's awesome!!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terbo56 on Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 pm

If the gators here get over 8 feet long, the marine patrol, or hunters are contracted to kill them-Twisted Evil
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alleyrose on Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Yeah like Swamp Men? It's illegal to kill our gators they get relocated!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevind53 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 am

Yea, like that. Our gator population here is huge. They are everywhere down there, if you live near a canal it is not unusual to see one sunning themselves in your back yard. Relocation does not make a lot of sense, it just moves the problem and often as not, the problem comes back ...

Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terbo56 on Fri May 24, 2013 8:46 am

You are exactly right, Kevind53- It is a common occurrence here, and a lot of the time, the gators are killed, rather than take them to the Everglades, or Okeefenokee Swamp- Transportation costs would be huge if they had to do that 24-7- I believe one of the largest alligators here that is in captivity at Silver Springs weighs in at over 1600 pounds, but there are probably others in the wild that would weigh a lot more- The only places gators are NOT found, are in fresh water springs, there are places that we go swimming here, that you don't need to worry about being a snack for a gator- Now, water mocassins, THAT is a different story-affraidaffraid
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevind53 on Fri May 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Lets not forget the chiggers, palmetto bugs, mosquitoes the size of B52s, rats the size of dogs, copperheads, rattlesnakes, hurricanes ... and people still wonder why I live in New England, I'll take snow flies and black flies over that stuff anyday.

Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PALMER01 on Sat May 25, 2013 8:39 am

And old ladies with shotguns. My crew and I were chased off a ladies property down in Florida when I was a surveyor. She came out the front door, shotgun in hand, and said "get off my property". That's all we needed to see. We left. Another time, I had the instrument set up on the bank of a canal, it was lunchtime, and I was getting ready to put the instrument away, when a gator surfaced right in front of me. He was looking right at me, like I was a snack. I stood there motionless, plotting my escape, when he just got bored, flipped his tail, and was gone. You never know how long you will be on this earth.
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alleyrose on Sat May 25, 2013 9:31 am

Whoa both scary encounters Palmer!

alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevind53 on Sat May 25, 2013 1:38 pm

I worked some with an old surveyor in college. He was running a survey down the road in an old French-American lumbering town here in the NE. Well, one Frenchie decided they were surveying his property to condemn it by eminent domain, and came out shooting ... Fortunately no one was hurt, although he had to pay for repairs on the transit before the county sheriff would let him go.

Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TLF on Sat May 25, 2013 11:13 pm

alleyrose That crock is one serious monster<<<>>>TLF.........PS I don't understand the chew chew post
TLF
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alleyrose on Sat May 25, 2013 11:30 pm

What chew chew post TLF? Yeah they get a lot bigger than that and they are lethal!

alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum