Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL

HomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
YOU MUST Sign in with your USERNAME to POST
Follow us on TWITTER
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 

WOW, Look at Gold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:29 am

Gold has dropped since the open this morning $30 to lows since 2011. What's this mean? Could go on down to $750, which was predicted by some financial advisors, but gold could bounce back up as others say. My position it will bounce back. AJ
http://www.kitco.com/market/

Most currencies are going down against the Dollar and oil is heading for $90 per barrel. What's this mean? We could very well see the US dollar spike to new highs and gas prices at the pump go down further. YAAH
Back to top Go down
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:13 am

I've been expecting this for a while ... 750 is entirely possible. You think we have roos hyping Dinar? They are rank amateurs compared to the gold hypers. Watch stocks and bonds. I think stocks will go higher, but they will collapse the market is being driven by artificially low interest rates IMO. Bonds too are being supported by the Feb buying back T-Bills.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:26 am

Actually this has been the trend for the last 6 months although it does seem to be accelerating:

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am

@Kevind53 wrote:
Actually this has been the trend for the last 6 months although it does seem to be accelerating:

Sure, this is 6 month gold but if you go back to 180 day gold there was lots of opertunity to play the mini trends. I did quite well! Go back to 3 Nov. to 22 Nov., then Dec. 14 to Jan. 22, then Jan 26 to 12 Feb. then a big drop then you have one in Feb. and one in March. Now it is positioned for another. AJ

Yes, but most are no sophisticated enough to play the mini trends ... I will wager that most who bought from the gold hawkers/pumpers on TV in September have lost $250.00/oz and don't even realize it. Sad really ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 am

Interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 am

Look at the graph now, Gold has gone down $50 today!
Back to top Go down
SEBtopdog
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Long term I think gold is going to head back up, as are the other precious metals. I do think it's being manipulated, with Soros and other big players involved. But with Cypress being forced to dump 10 tons of gold recently, it was still snapped up by other EU countries. IMO the dollar has nowhere to go but DOWN as we continue to monetize our own debt and print $$$$ like it's going out of style. Inflation on basic necessities such as food is lurking around the corner like a street thug looking to grab our wallets. When that happens, and it will happen, the value of hard currency is going to increase.

I'm not pumping gold or other precious metals. My personal opinion is that it will go much higher than previous highs. We just can't tell when.

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm

They will need to rain in the M4 money supply, they are telling us is M2 money supply. When more dollars are chasing the same goods and services and the purchase falls off because the same dollars are not purchasing over and over again leads to high inflation and high cost! Which we have, because they have not shut the printing presses off. its called money supply and velocity = economy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Gold might be a way to go...maybe.
Back to top Go down
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Silver and platinum is the way to go, especially if 'Banana man' decides he wants to confiscate gold, which maybe he won't, but why take the chance? Any or all silver coins dated BEFORE 1933- Gold coins, also BEFORE 1933- No gold ingots, or bars- Wait 'til the 'gopher' is out of the garden, entirely for gold-
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Gold down $74 to $1482, it just keeps going down!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:45 pm

What do you think is happening AJ?
Back to top Go down
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 pm

I am not sure we will see gold recover any time soon. My instincts are telling me to say away from precious metals as any sort of long term investment. In a worse case scenario, if there is a total economic collapse, gold and silver make terrible nutritional supplements. Yea, it has value right now, but if you are scratching to find food for your family, gold will not mean much. Lead that can be propelled at a high velocity over a distance with accuracy will be more valuable. Silver coins perhaps would be of some value, it is available in standardized (and small) weights, and may have some trading value in such a situation.

Short of that worst case scenario, I see gold and precious metals continuing to slump over the short term. When folks finally wake up and force the governments to move away from the tax and spend QE paradigm we are now in we will see precious metals drop even further. I do not see us or anyone else returning to any sort of gold or asset indexed currency. There were actually some very good reasons for the US to move away as it did. Most importantly, it totally screwed up exchange rates to the point where it was making the US totally noncompetitive on the world market.

The other issue is that any hard asset you can think of, be it gold, silver, oil, or whatever, they are all far too volatile to provide any sort of stable basis for trade. This perhaps is the biggest reason, as Sebbi observed it would be far to simple for someone like Soros to manipulate currencies worldwide by manipulating it.

Besides, when Jesus comes, gold will just be pavement ... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Sebbi, I mostly agree, except the inflation is already here. As to Cypress, it is my understanding they are still sitting on their gold. It is owned by their central bank, they can not be forced to sell it and thus far, have shown no inclination to do so. Of course that was early this morning so maybe ...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SEBtopdog
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Never let it be said we don't live in interesting times, Kevin. I liked that last line in your post above:

"Besides, when Jesus comes, gold will just be pavement"

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:26 pm

It, Gold will start back up next week! with a short mini trend!
Back to top Go down
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 pm

This brings up a major issue I have with all the get rid of the evil fiat money and get back on the gold standard talk. If we were on the gold standard, the dollar would have lost value just because of the fluctuations in gold. To me that could cause major trade headaches, especially in trying to calculate prices internationally. The only way around it would be for the government to fix the price of gold, need more money ... raise the price of gold ... and then we are right back where we came from.

Now I admit there are issues with the way we print and spend money, but it seems to me we need to address the causes of the problem instead of shifting the problem.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:10 am

punisher wrote:
What do you think is happening AJ?
Big gold investors selling off gold to get in the stocks, since stocks are going the other way! Then we will see stocks plummet and they will lose their!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:26 am

All DD members ...please name the top 5 things/businesses you think it will be smart to invest in after rv...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:25 am

punisher wrote:
All DD members ...please name the top 5 things/businesses you think it will be smart to invest in after rv...

That is really hard to tell until we get to that point, but I can tell you types!
1. Anything Green
2. Anything Medical, due to No"Bummer" care
3. Lithuim
4. American Infrastructure, including 1086 plans with oil and gas pipelines.
5. If at 1to1, Iraq currency
6. ISX in Iraq.
AJ
Back to top Go down
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:11 am

Good post AJ. If you are feeling speculative you might look at the fringes, small start-ups, especially technology and energy. I would be careful with "green energy" companies promoting "new" technologies, their track hasn't been too great. Still if you find one with a solid business plan and concept it may be worth a close look.

Copper, rare earth metals, of which lithium is one, gas, oil, etc. look good. Demand is just going to go up. I'm thinking about coal as well. I suspect we will see coal in some form making a comeback. It's just too good an energy source. I have a lot of study to do there, but it's been nibbling at the back of my mind for a while.

I have a client who has done very, very well for himself and others by avoiding the biggies on the market and looking for smaller companies the major traders tend to overlook. I have already talked to him about a teaching mentoring arrangement.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:41 am

What about things like funeral homes?
Back to top Go down
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 am

Well .. people ARE dying to get in .... lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 am

Lol Kevin.
Back to top Go down
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:55 am

Not mentioned, but always a good investment ... land, solid, arable land.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Great posts Kevin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:44 pm

....and I forgot 3d printing technology!
Back to top Go down
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Yea, that's gonna be a biggie I think ... I read that you can now print yourself a gun... well except for the barrel, that's still gotta be metal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WOW, Look at Gold   Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:01 am

AJAnderson wrote:
....and I forgot 3d printing technology!

Yes, 3D is growing everyday especially in the household.
Back to top Go down

WOW, Look at Gold
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: DINAR/IRAQ -- NEWS -- GURUS and DISCUSSIONS :: DINAR/IRAQ QUESTIONS and DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to: