Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned

3 posters

Go down

Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned Empty Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned

Post by ADMIN Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Dinar is served
Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place

By KAJA WHITEHOUSE

Last Updated: 2:21 AM, August 28, 2012

Posted: 11:53 PM, August 27, 2012

Thousands of Main Street investors, fed up with a stock market that has barely moved in more than a decade, are seeking out heftier returns in more exotic investments.

And then there is Ryan Williams.

Williams, 35, of Bakersfield, Calif., has abandoned US stocks and bonds for one of the chanciest investments on the map: the Iraqi dinar.

The small-business owner said he has been buying Iraqi dinars regularly since he was first turned on to them around 2005. His last purchase: just this month.

“There’s risk in anything,” he told The Post in a recent interview, explaining why he gave up US stocks and bonds in favor of the world of currencies. “I think our economy has shown us that.”
Everett Collection / Everett Col
Iraqi dinar investing figures in the plot of “Hit and Run,” starring Kristen Bell, above, giving Hollywood heft to a potentially explosive bet.

Williams is not alone in investing in the currency of the war-torn country. There is a growing number of dinar devotees betting that the currency — currently pegged at 1,165 dinars per US dollar — could one day spike in value if Iraq’s new government gets on its feet, begins profiting from its massive oil supplies and revalues its currency.

The exotic investors point to currency spikes in West Germany following World War II and in Kuwait following its 1990 invasion as proof the strategy works.

The potential for riches has opportunity-hungry investors so eager for information that Paul Christopher of Wells Fargo said he gets more questions about the controversial paper than any other currency except, more recently, the euro.

“I don’t get many currency questions as frequently as I get questions about the dinar,” Christopher, the chief international investment strategist for Wells Fargo, told The Post.

Indeed, knowledge of the once-obscure currency trade is reflected in “Hit and Run,” a new movie starring Bradley Cooper and Kristen Bell.

Bell, who plays a university professor in love with a former bank robber, derides Cooper’s dinar deal as a “get-rich-quick” scheme.

Wells Fargo’s Christopher agrees with Bell’s assessment — and not just because of the ongoing geopolitical turmoil that could tumble the current government.

The Iraqi dinar isn’t held by US banks or traded by major currency exchanges, so interested investors must locate dealers who will deliver the investment in paper form.

That means higher risk for fraud, which has been increasing around this trade in recent years, according to warnings from the Better Business Bureau.

But it also means higher markups to buy the currency, plus storage fees. Selling the dinar could also be pricey, given the lack of big, institutional buyers.

At dealer DinarTrade, for example, buying 1 million dinars will cost $1,020, according to the website. But selling them back will earn you just $810, said DinarTrade founder Ali Agha, citing the unfavorable exchange rate by the Central Bank of Iraq.

Still, Agha, one of the few dealers rated favorably by the Better Business Bureau, doesn’t see interest in the trade fading anytime soon, given the degree to which mom-and-pop investors — who make up the bulk of his clientele — have been burned by stocks and real estate.

“Main Street doesn’t believe in the stock market anymore,” Agha said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/dinar_is_served_0cCgdFyLzXyaf9NGzRYbsN#ixzz24ruutcq8

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned Empty Re: Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned

Post by IQD4US Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:39 pm

CBI will sell 1M for 859.11 USD Dinar Trade will sell 1M for 1020 USD

CBI will buy 1M for 857.63 USD Dinar Trade will buy 1M for 810 USD

CBI makes 1.48 USD or 1724.20 IQD per million

Dinar Trade makes 210 USD or 244,650 IQD per million

Not really impressed with this guy or his company.....but publishing the article left a WIDE opening on comments for people to bash IQD, or speak of what they do not know....yet another opening for people to get the wrong ideas....jmho
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned Empty Re: Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned

Post by Terbo56 Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:43 pm

That's usually the way it works out-Dinar is served - Investors caught between Iraq and a hard place (New York Post) Ali from Dinar Trade mentioned 2032510400
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:12 pm

IQD4US wrote:CBI will sell 1M for 859.11 USD Dinar Trade will sell 1M for 1020 USD

CBI will buy 1M for 857.63 USD Dinar Trade will buy 1M for 810 USD

CBI makes 1.48 USD or 1724.20 IQD per million

Dinar Trade makes 210 USD or 244,650 IQD per million

Not really impressed with this guy or his company.....but publishing the article left a WIDE opening on comments for people to bash IQD, or speak of what they do not know....yet another opening for people to get the wrong ideas....jmho

Most people already have the wrong ideas about this investment already...

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum