Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

VIETNAM WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam

Go down

VIETNAM    WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam Empty VIETNAM WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam

Post by 1alaskan Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:08 am

WTO entry disappoints Viet Nam

HCM CITY — Viet Nam has failed to reap expected benefits from joining the World Trade Organisation and has in fact seen slower growth since, experts say.

Their assessment was made at conference held earlier this week by the Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM) to review the nation's socio-economic situation five years after joining the WTO.

During the 2007-2011 five-year period since it joined the WTO, the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) stood at 6.5 per cent, down 1.3 percentage points over the 2002-2006 period, the conference heard.

Delegates agreed that after it gained WTO admission, the country had come under strong pressure caused by tough competition with foreign companies in both the domestic and world markets.

They said that some companies operating in the insurance and distribution sectors had lost their shares in the domestic market.

During the post-WTO admission period, the service sector grew by just 0.1 percentage points to 7.5 per cent.

Pham Lan Huong, a CIEM expert, said that the service sector was not strongly affected because it had not been completely opened up to foreign investment.

Moreover, world recession has prevented foreign firms from investing in Viet Nam's service sector, she said.

The industry and construction sectors had also failed to reach growth targets. They were expected to grow by 9.5-10.2 per cent per year, but the actual rate was seven per cent, Huong said, adding that the average growth rate of the sectors in 2002-06 was 10.2 per cent.

Experts attributed this slow growth to strong competition from foreign companies and weak domestic production in terms of quality and efficiency.

Huong affirmed that the highest growth during the 2007-2011 period was recorded by the agriculture-fisheries-forestry sector.

She said average growth of this sector during this period was 3.4 per cent per year, 0.4 percentage points above expectations.

Overall investments during the post-WTO period grew by 8.3 per cent as against 13.4 per cent in the previous five years.

As expected, foreign-direct-investments (FDI) in Viet Nam increased after it joined the WTO, with the number of FDI projects increasing 1.5 times and the registered capital up by 5.1 times over the 2002-06 period.

To reach higher growth in the coming time, experts said it was necessary to further perfect the investment environment and improve competitiveness by using modern technologies.
Co-operating with foreign-invested companies to join regional distribution systems was another recommendation made at the conference.

Dinh Thu Hang, another CIEM expert, said Viet Nam would continue to face challenges and slow growth in the coming months.

She said the Government needs to adjust import-export policies towards increasing the quality of exported goods and limiting the export of raw materials. She stressed the need to find big import partners that can help stabilise exports.

Other experts at the conference spoke of the need to restructure Viet Nam's retail sector, ensuring greater transparency as well as creating conditions for domestic firms to increase their competitiveness. — VNS

http://vietnamnews.vn/Economy/228542/wto-entry-disappoints-viet-nam.html

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum