Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL

HomeSearchMemberlistFAQLog inRegister
Help Us Drain the SWAMP in DINARLAND

REPORT TONY RENFROW for violating his Court Order to stay away from Dinar -

Judge's email: ksd_murguia_chambers@ksd.uscourts.gov
PHONE - 913-735-2340

DA's email: Scott.Rask@usdoj.gov
PHONE - 913-551-6730
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 

WHO WROTE THE SONG?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

PostSubject: WHO WROTE THE SONG?   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:12 pm

I hope you enjoy the story - it may be old to some but it was new to me and very inspiring -- I can also relate to some of it - I have experienced some very dark and lonely painful times in my life and in looking back it is very evident I was NOT alone - It has been during these times that I also experienced the most spiritual evolving than at any other times -

May you be inspired by the outcome of this story - may you be encouraged by the message at this time if you are experiencing some difficulties and may you be comforted if you are feeling grief and sadness from a loss - Blessings of enormous proportions for strength - patience - perseverance - wisdom - guidance - compassion - & forgiveness -- UNEEK
❤ ❤

Who wrote the song "Precious Lord"? I was very surprised to learn who it was.
THE BIRTH OF THE HYMN "PRECIOUS LORD"

Back in 1932, I was a fairly new husband. My wife, Nettie and I were living in a little apartment on Chicago 's south side. One hot August afternoon I had to go to St.Louis where I was to be the featured soloist at a large revival meeting. I didn't want to go; Nettie was in the last month of pregnancy with our first child, but a lot of people were expecting me in St. Louis.
I kissed Nettie goodbye, clattered downstairs to our Model A and, in a fresh Lake Michigan breeze, chugged out of Chicago on Route 66.

However, outside the city, I discovered that in my anxiety at leaving, I had forgotten my music case. I wheeled around and headed back.

I found Nettie sleeping peacefully. I hesitated by her bed; something was strongly telling me to stay. But eager to get on my way, and not wanting to disturb Nettie, I shrugged off the feeling and quietly slipped out of the room with my music.

The next night, in the steaming St. Louis heat, the crowd called on me to sing again and again. When I finally sat down, a messenger boy ran up with a Western Union telegram. I ripped open the envelope....
Pasted on the yellow sheet were the words:
YOUR WIFE JUST DIED.
People were happily singing and clapping around me, but I could hardly keep from crying out. I rushed to a phone and called home. All I could hear on the other end was "Nettie is dead. Nettie is dead.'"
When I got back, I learned that Nettie had given birth to a boy. I swung between grief and joy. Yet that same night, the baby died. I buried Nettie and our little boy together, in the same casket. Then I fell apart.
For days I closeted myself. I felt that God had done me an injustice. I didn't want to serve Him anymore or write gospel songs I just wanted to go back to that jazz world I once knew so well. But then, as I hunched alone in that dark apartment those first sad days, I thought back to the afternoon I went to St.Louis. Something kept telling me to stay with Nettie.

Was that something God? Oh, if I had paid more attention to Him that day, I would have stayed and been with Nettie when she died.

From that moment on I vowed to listen more closely to Him. But still I was lost in grief. Everyone was kind to me, especially one friend. The following Saturday evening he took me up to Maloney's Poro College, a neighborhood music school. It was quiet; the late evening sun crept through the curtained windows.

I sat down at the piano, and my hands began to browse over the keys. Something happened to me then. I felt at peace. I felt as though I could reach out and touch God. I found myself playing a melody.
Once in my head they just seemed to fall into place: 'Precious Lord, take my hand, lead me on, let me stand, I am tired, I am weak, I am worn, through the storm, through the night, lead me on to the light, take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home.'

The Lord gave me these words and melody, He also healed my spirit. I learned that when we are in our deepest grief, when we feel farthest from God, this is when He is closest, and when we are most open to His restoring power.

And so I go on living for God willingly and joyfully, until that day comes when He will take me and gently lead me home.
- - - -Tommy Dorsey
For those too young to know who he is, Tommy Dorsey was a well-known band leader in the 1930's and 40's.
Did you know that Tommy Dorsey wrote this song? I surely didn't. What a wonderful story of how God CAN heal the brokenhearted! Beautiful, isn't it?

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souljourney.lefora.com/
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: WHO WROTE THE SONG?   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:50 pm

That is a story that touches the soul, UNEEK. Definitely moved something in me. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: WHO WROTE THE SONG?   Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:59 am

SEBtopdog --- Yes this was a very moving story for me as well - I kinda had a similar experience in my life -- instead of getting the telegram it was a phone call about my son -- (age 17) -

There were other times - other experiences that took me to the lowest points of life - and yet - I was meant to carry on - I was meant to feel that pain and to suffer through that particular pain so I could know that pain when others were feeling it - It is the true path for genuine - sincere - heart felt compassion I believe -

So, for a time while I was working through the healing process I was literally carried until I could stand on my own two feet - I know I was wrapped in divine protection and one day I will have the story in print - maybe not published and on the book shelves but at least in print - Smile

The story was still very moving for me and I will continue to embrace the good that was received from it for "me" - ❤

Sorry about the mistaken identity - please read the details by clicking on the link below -- UNEEK ❤

The story was too good to not pass on but this was wrong. It was Thomas Andrew Dorsey - another - "Tommy Dorsey"

I didn't dig deep enough. I checked the hymnal and saw the author was
Dorsey, but that wasn't deep enough.

Check this site.

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/precious.asp

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souljourney.lefora.com/
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WHO WROTE THE SONG?   Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:13 am

Uneek...That is Beautiful and so true! I know the Lord has carried me many times. I can relate to you especially at the loss of a Child, my son 22yrs old. I know I felt so alone, even with all those around me, but God has carried me through the pain and made me stronger to wittness to others.

Thank you for sharing this.☀

Makin' Plans...

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

WHO WROTE THE SONG?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: THE FAMILY ROOM :: THE COFFEE SHOP-