Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits

Go down

VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits  Empty VIETNAM Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits

Post by 1alaskan Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Hard times, low margins weigh on bank profits

Total net profits in the banking industry last year increased by 15.1 per cent over 2010, a rate lower than that of the preceding several years, the State Bank of Viet Nam announced on Wednesday.

Nealy half of all lending institutions saw their profits tumble in 2011, and over 10 per cent of those suffered losses.

"Generally speaking, credit institutions' profitability last year matched the scale of their assets, ownership capital and management capacities, as well as the difficult economic conditions," the SBV wrote on its website.

The figures were released at a time when the public had begun to question why a handful of banks had continued to post significant profits during difficult economic times when production and business activity was stagnant.

The central bank attributed the profitability of some institutions to their efforts to enhance the efficiency of their use of capital.

These institutions expanded services related to money transfer, electronic payment and foreign exchange, with total revenues from such services increasing 15 per cent last year over 2010.

However, the SBV admitted that the profitability of the banking system overall was driven by a few banks with large-scale assets and capital and good management. The profits of many banks, they added, were whittled away significantly by the need to establish provisional funds against risk.

The central bank said it was studying revision in regulations related to debt classification, provisional funds and risk management to assist lending institution's to report profits more exactly.

Meanwhile, increasing bad debt levels had continued to weigh on the profits of the nation's lending institutions, and the margins between earnings and costs as of April 30 was "very low" and half the level of the industry at the same time last year, the State Bank said.

Two of the most important indices reflecting a bank's financial health – return-on-assets (ROA) and return-on-equity (ROE) – were lower last year, the State Bank said. Industry-wide, ROA fell from 1.29 per cent in 2010 to 1.09 per cent last year, while ROE declined from 14.56 per cent in 2010 to 11.86 per cent last year.

These figures lagged behind regional averages in Southeast Asia, where the ROE of banks remained at 14-15 per cent.

http://vietnammarkets.com/news.php?nid=8577

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum