Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan

Go down

VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan Empty VIETNAM Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan

Post by 1alaskan Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Foreign investors make bigger Vietnam plan

Last week, PepsiCo, the worlds second-largest food and beverage business, announced a plan to build a state-of-the-art beverage production plant in the Vietnam-Singapore Integrated Township and Industrial Park in Bac Ninh Province.

Despite uncertainties about inflation and the dong, many foreign investors have set their sights, once again, on Vietnam.

The giant said the US$73 million plant represents the first leg of a $250 million investment program that the company is planning to undertake over the course of the next three years in Vietnam.

The project will elevate the companys total investment in the country to more than $500 million since its products first arrived here in 1994.

The new facility will be PepsiCos fifth and largest production plant in Vietnam as well as the first company-owned production facility in the northern part of the country.

The rest of the investment will be allocated to a variety of projects, including increasing manufacturing capacity, marketplace equipment like coolers, strengthening existing brands and broadening its portfolio via health and wellness product initiatives.

European firms were also optimistic, according to Alain Cany, Chairman of the European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam.

Cany said European firms operating in Vietnam expressed an overall confidence in the country in a third-quarter survey of over 200 Europe-based businesses including Shell, HSBC and Siemens.

The chairman told Thanh Nien Weekly on the sidelines of the surveys announcement last week that the respondents turnovers represent 10 percent of Vietnams gross domestic product.

Cany said the board was surprised by the high levels of confidence expressed by the respondents.

Most of the businessmen listed their outlook and investment plans for 2011 as "good" or "excellent." Sixteen percent expressed a neutral view and 12 percent reported a negative forecast.

The chambers Executive Board member, Peter Born, said the vast majority of respondents planned to increase their investment and recruitment next year.

Born, also deputy president of German-based Commerzbank in Vietnam said 45 and 23 percent of those surveyed planned to increase investments in Vietnam by "a little bit" and "significantly," respectively, while 18 percent said they planned to maintain their current level of investment.

Half of the European respondents described plans to increase their recruitment by 20 percent or more in the coming year, according to Born.

Cheap opportunities

Don Lam, CEO of fund management firm VinaCapital, said foreign indirect investors have turned back to Vietnam following the nations recovery from the economic downturn.

Lam said that the firm held an investor conference last week, which attracted many banks and financial institutions from Europe and Asia. The investors were very interested in the market, he said.

Vietnams cheap opportunities in the securities market have attracted a lot of attention, according to Andy Ho, head of VinaCapitals investment division.

Andy said the VN-Index dropped approximately 30 percent in the past 12 months while Asian and ASEAN stock markets have had stellar run-ups to 30 percent in the period.

Vietnam offers investors "great buys" in the fourth quarter of this year as prices are low and economic potential remains strong, Ho said.

VinaCapital manages about $1.8 billion distributed into four foreign funds, of which three are listed on the London stock exchange. The funds have invested in listed and unlisted stocks, private businesses and real estate projects.

Lam said the firm was establishing two new funds with a combined foreign investment of $400 to $600 million in the next three years.

The funds will be channeled toward manufacturing ventures in consumer goods sectors, healthcare, and aquaculture, in addition to mid-tier residential and retail shopping facilities.

Forex concerns

What foreign investors worry about most is inflation, forex and Vietnams low income levels, said Lam.

He said investors are eager to know what the government plans to do to stabilize its currency.

Andy said the dong depreciated by 5.5 to 5.6 percent this year, spurring high inflation. However, he said, the depreciation is not a big issue.

Most European firms in the chambers survey expected about 5 to 10 percent depreciation of the Vietnamese dong against the Euro and dollar while 89 percent of the firms expected inflation in Vietnam to reach 10-15 percent next year, according to the chamber.

http://www.evietnambusiness.com/investment/news/1805-foreign-investors-make-bigger-vietnam-plan.html

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum