Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back

Go down

VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back Empty VIETNAM Government bonds now in fashion back

Post by 1alaskan Mon May 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Government bonds now in fashion back

VietFinanceNews.com - Vietnam saw some of the biggest reductions in government bond yields in Asia during 2012, as local banks’ short-term idle money increased due to the government’s tightened credit policies. Do Ngoc Quynh, general secretary of the Vietnam Bond Market Association, gives VIR a close-up view of the local bond market.

Why have we seen a reduction in Vietnam government bond yield bids for most tenors since the beginning of this year and especially during last week?

It comes from positive signals from a series of governance policies including the government’s goal of reducing the interest rates, the State Bank’s credit growth rate limit and credit growth oriented from the non-manufacturing sector into the manufacturing sector. Besides, commercial banks looking to replace bonds maturing this year have decreased bond yields.

Why has the yield spread between two and 10-year maturities widened in Vietnam, while it narrowed in other Asian markets?

The increase of Vietnam government bond yield spreads between two and 10-year maturities in contrast to the narrowness between the same maturities in other countries is explained by offshore and domestic investors being more or less concerned about the stability of Vietnam’s macroeconomic picture. That’s why they basically invested in two-year bonds and the spread widened in Vietnam. Although, we are not able to say anything about the yield of 10 years or more, that kind of tenor is very illiquid in the secondary market with the demand mainly coming from the funds and insurance firms.

According to the Asian Development Bank, Vietnam’s bond market expanded at the fastest rate in the region in 2011. Will this trend continue this year?

There are several reasons to believe that Vietnam’s bond market will continuously expand at a fast rate this year. Firstly, Vietnam’s debt market has developed, especially in 2012 with the government’s push to restructure this market to stimulate the whole economy. This will gradually create a healthier economy.

Secondly, smooth government fiscal and monetary policies have progressively shown positive results reflecting good macroeconomic signals and financial market stability. This is an advantage for Vietnam’s market in comparison with other economies in attracting investors.

Thirdly, despite being in the early stage of development, Vietnam’s bond market also has an advantage of a young market that has a faster rate of expansion than an older one.

While Vietnam government bonds performing quite well, corporate bonds have seen a poor performance. Vietnam is among the only markets in Asia to experience flat or negative quarterly corporate bond sector growth rates. What are the main challenges for local corporate bonds this year?

We had seen a good volume of bond issuances in the past two or three years and that flow normally came from commercial banks, big real estate companies and big state-owned companies. However, in 2011 the corporate bonds tumbled because of some restrictions.

The change from loose to tightened monetary policies generally decreases the demand for the bonds. Legal infrastructure is not complete. For example, the Law on Credit Institutions issued in early 2011 as well as Decree 90/ND-CP do not have any circular to guide the issuance of corporate bonds. The rates of bonds issued by issuers who are commercial banks are restricted by the State Bank regulated ceiling rate.

In such a situation, how can Vietinbank, mining group Vinacomin and Vietcombank successfully issue bonds in the global market?

After Vincom’s successful issuance recently and good demand for Vietnamese corporate bonds in the global market, the probability of success for issuing corporate bonds is dependent on the ranking of issuers and the rate. In the time to come, if the government continuously uses the smoothly effective policies like it has done, we believe Vietinbank, Vinacomin, Vietcombank and other big institutions will be able to raise capital from the international market.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2012/05/government-bonds-now-in-fashion-back.html

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum