Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Gold nosedives to nine-month low I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Gold nosedives to nine-month low

Go down

Gold nosedives to nine-month low Empty Gold nosedives to nine-month low

Post by 1alaskan Wed May 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Gold nosedives to nine-month low

VietFinanceNews.com - Price of gold in Vietnam fell by VND1 million a tael (1.2 ounces) over the previous day to the lowest level in past nine months on May 9 fueled by a sharp drop in global price.

Saigon Jewellery Company, Vietnam’s biggest gold processer and trader, bought the metal at VND41.21 million and sold at VND41.36 million as of 11.03am Vietnamese time. Earlier, the metal sank to VND41.2 million a tael.

Hanoi-based Phu Quy Jewellery Company purchased SJC-brand gold at VND41.24 million and sold at VND41.36 million as of 10.59am Vietnamese time.

Bao Tin Minh Chau Jewellery Company quoted price at VND40.65 million for buying, and VND40.95 million for selling at 11.10am Vietnamese time.

Trading on bullion market became vibrant after being muted for a long time with buying demand taking the upper hand but selling pressure was also high as many investors concerned that the price would continue to decline further.

Yesterday, Saigon Jewellery Company bought 3,700 taels of gold and sold 4,200 taels, two or three times higher than previous days.

Domestically, gold fetched VND1 million a tael, higher than global price.

On free market, dollars were bought at VND20,840 per dollar, and sold at VND20,860 per dollar, up VND10 per dollar over the previous day.

Meanwhile, Vietcombank bought the greenback at VND20,830 per dollar, and sold at VND20,880 per dollar, a decrease of VND5 per dollar in buying price, and VND30 per dollar in selling price from the previous day.

Internationally, gold sank steeply as the euro dropped drastically after Greece’s new leadership sought to form a government that threatens to go back on the bailout plan and drive the country out of the eurozone.

Gold for immediate delivery fell as much as $33.7 an ounce, or 2.1 per cent, to close at $1,605.8 an ounce in New York last night.

In Asia, the heavy metal dropped $7.6 an ounce to trade at $1,598.4 an ounce at 9am Vietnamese time.

Political turmoil in Greece urged investors to flee from the shared currency, seeking for safe-havens like German bonds and the US dollar.

The Euro exchange rate against the US dollar declined for seven consecutive trading sessions, standing below $1.3 a euro in Tokyo this morning.

Crude oil futures for June delivery dipped $0.14 a barrel to trade at $96.86 a barrel at 9.20am Vietnamese time.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2012/05/gold-nosedives-to-nine-month-low.html

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum