Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Deleting the three zeros I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Deleting the three zeros

5 posters

Go down

Deleting the three zeros Empty Deleting the three zeros

Post by rocker Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:45 am

ok, I know I am new here, but I read some say the deleting of the 3 zeros means a LOP and a $25,000 note will be worth $25? On the other hand some say the new $25 notes will be concurrent with the $25,000 notes and will be valued the same @ $25,000 dinar? which is it? Can anyone enlighten me on which is correct?

rocker

Back to top Go down

Deleting the three zeros Empty Re: Deleting the three zeros

Post by mikeyg Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:59 am

The deleting of the 3 zeros is removing of the bills(currency) that has 3 zeros on the bill. Like when the ust got rid of the 10,000bill. Same ideal. Hope that helps. Good luck! !!!

party time

mikeyg

Back to top Go down

Post by rocker Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:48 am

i know what removing 3 zeros is! I just want to know what the value of those notes will be? $25 or $25000?

rocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:26 pm

rocker wrote:i know what removing 3 zeros is! I just want to know what the value of those notes will be? $25 or $25000?

I hope the latter.

Back to top Go down

Post by raidernick Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:59 pm

mikeyg wrote:The deleting of the 3 zeros is removing of the bills(currency) that has 3 zeros on the bill. Like when the ust got rid of the 10,000bill. Same ideal. Hope that helps. Good luck! !!!

Deleting the three zeros 312044658

Sorry but that is 100% wrong. That is called retiring a particular denomination. The Iraqis are redenominating the entire currency from 50 to 25,000 notes. The Iraqi government just like dozens of other counties in the past will issue a new currency in the market place that is worth 1000 times the value of the current dinar. (a new 25 dinar note will have the same value as an old 25,000 dinar note). Merchants will accepts both notes as payment for 1 to 2 years. Items will be marked in both old and new denominations. A toaster will have a price of 25 new dinar and 25,000 old dinar.

In Europe when the Euro came out each country that adopted the Euro put two prices on their items. France would sell a loaf of bread for 4 francs or 1 Euro.

The new currency will have a new desgination on the Forex market just like the Turkish Lira does. It’s a whole new currency that has a ratio locked to the old currency. As the value goes up and down it goes up and down by the ratio exactly the same for both currencies.
raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prosetian Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:20 pm

raidernick wrote:
mikeyg wrote:The deleting of the 3 zeros is removing of the bills(currency) that has 3 zeros on the bill. Like when the ust got rid of the 10,000bill. Same ideal. Hope that helps. Good luck! !!!

Sorry but that is 100% wrong. That is called retiring a particular denomination. The Iraqis are redenominating the entire currency from 50 to 25,000 notes. The Iraqi government just like dozens of other counties in the past will issue a new currency in the market place that is worth 1000 times the value of the current dinar. (a new 25 dinar note will have the same value as an old 25,000 dinar note). Merchants will accepts both notes as payment for 1 to 2 years. Items will be marked in both old and new denominations. A toaster will have a price of 25 new dinar and 25,000 old dinar.

In Europe when the Euro came out each country that adopted the Euro put two prices on their items. France would sell a loaf of bread for 4 francs or 1 Euro.

The new currency will have a new desgination on the Forex market just like the Turkish Lira does. It’s a whole new currency that has a ratio locked to the old currency. As the value goes up and down it goes up and down by the ratio exactly the same for both currencies.

I know what you say sounds quite reasonable and logical for a country to do with their currency and it may well happen just that way. As we all know, almost everyone on these forums did not invest in the IQD with that result in mind and I was just wondering if you are invested in IQD, and if so, why? If it happens as you say, and Iraq continues to prosper, in another 2 or three years there might be a reasonable profit (the normal kind) in it. However, it would seem to me that there are a lot of investments out there that would pay just as good a return with not nearly as much risk. Considering that, why would someone who believed it is going to LOP invest in it? Just curious.

prosetian
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by raidernick Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:54 pm

prosetian wrote:
raidernick wrote:

I know what you say sounds quite reasonable and logical for a country to do with their currency and it may well happen just that way. As we all know, almost everyone on these forums did not invest in the IQD with that result in mind and I was just wondering if you are invested in IQD, and if so, why? If it happens as you say, and Iraq continues to prosper, in another 2 or three years there might be a reasonable profit (the normal kind) in it. However, it would seem to me that there are a lot of investments out there that would pay just as good a return with not nearly as much risk. Considering that, why would someone who believed it is going to LOP invest in it? Just curious.

Yes I have a fair amount of IQD - about 2 inches worth. Locate my post yesterday on this being like buying a bond and you will understand.

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t19282p50-if-this-rv-plan-didn-t-fall-into-place

There's a great little write up out there on how one guru was targeted by some unscrupulous dinar dealers who would call her pretending to be contacts in Iraq and feed her hyped up information which she passed on to her readers. This in turn drove sales up.

Remember Occam’s Razor!!!
raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyg Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:37 pm

The deleleting of the zero means after they revalue the dinar they will not use these notes with the 3 zeros any more. It is not a lop. The value of the 25,000.bill would be the(revalue rate × 25,000.) If the revalue rate is 4.00 USC the bill would be worth 100,000usd. Otherwise.they would be devaluing their currency.

mikeyg

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:09 am

mikeyg wrote:The deleleting of the zero means after they revalue the dinar they will not use these notes with the 3 zeros any more. It is not a lop. The value of the 25,000.bill would be the(revalue rate × 25,000.) If the revalue rate is 4.00 USC the bill would be worth 100,000usd. Otherwise.they would be devaluing their currency.

Sorry but you are misinformed. A redenomination aka lop, does NOT devalue anything. It actually just keeps it the same. Thats the purpose of it. To make a new 25 note equal to the current value of an old 25,000 means all things stay even, no value lost. When they state things like they will use both notes to purchase the same item, there is no other explanation other than redenomination. It is NOTHING like retiring notes, which would not be making headlines....... Sorry....
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum