Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.

Go down

WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Empty WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.

Post by godsfool713 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:16 am

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2012/02/16/westernzagros-strikes-oil-in-kurdistan/

Pages: 1 2 3

WesternZagros Resources has made an oil discovery in the Upper Fars Formation at the Mil Qasim-1 exploration well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
Mil Qasim-1 Discovery Well (Garmian Block)
Lower Bakhtiari and Upper Fars Formations
Mil Qasim-1 was drilled to a total depth of 2,425 metres in December 2011 ahead of time and on budget. The well encountered a gross hydrocarbon bearing interval of approximately 800 metres containing numerous sandstones (each in the range of 2-13 metres thick) in the Lower Bakhtiari and Upper Fars Formations. Hydrocarbon shows and wireline logs indicate the presence of oil in the Upper Fars Formation and this was the focus of the testing program. Hydrocarbon shows and wireline logs also indicate the potential for additional oil in the Lower Bakhtiari Formation, but testing of this interval has been deferred to a later date.
The testing program has resulted in the flow of light, 43 to 44 degree API oil to surface from low permeability sandstone reservoirs and natural fractures in the Upper Fars Formation. No H2S and no formation water were identified during testing. Four tests were conducted in the Mil Qasim-1 well. Test 1 was an open hole test, Tests 2 to 4 were cased hole tests.
Test 1 was conducted over the open hole section between the depths of 2,129 metres and 2,168 metres. Test 1 resulted in a flow of 44 degree API gravity oil with no formation water, at an average rate of 108 barrels of oil per day (“bopd”) over a two day period using an 8/64″ choke with a flowing well head pressure of 1,606 psi. Initial reservoir pressure was calculated to be 6,405 psi.
godsfool713
godsfool713
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum