Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal

Go down

Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal Empty Asian Currencies Advance on Chance of Interest-Rate Rises, U.S. Debt Deal

Post by ADMIN Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:49 am

Asian currencies strengthened, led by Malaysia’s ringgit, on the prospect of more interest-rate increases and as an agreement to raise the U.S. debt ceiling boosted demand for emerging-market assets.

The Bloomberg-JPMorgan Asia Dollar Index approached a 14- year high reached last week as data showed export growth and consumer-price gains in South Korea exceeded economist’s predictions, while Chinese manufacturing growth also beat forecasts. The MSCI Asia-Pacific Index of shares snapped a three-day loss as President Barack Obama said leaders of both parties in the House and Senate had reached an agreement to raise the nation’s debt ceiling and cut the federal deficit.

The Asia Dollar Index, which tracks the region’s 10 most- traded currencies excluding the yen, gained 0.2 percent to 120.17 as of 4:16 p.m. in Hong Kong. The ringgit jumped 0.8 percent to 2.9430 per dollar and the Philippine peso climbed 0.5 percent to 41.925, touching a three-year high of 41.903, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Indonesia’s rupiah added 0.5 percent to 8,463 and the Thai baht advanced 0.4 percent to 29.72.

“Data in Asia are spurring speculation of more rate hikes in the region, boosting its yield advantage,” said Tohru Nishihama, an economist at Dai-ichi Life Research Institute Inc. in Tokyo. “The U.S. agreement also improves sentiment for risk- taking, which is generally positive for Asia’s emerging-market currencies.”

China’s Purchasing Managers’ Index was at 50.7 for July, more than the 50.2 median forecast in a Bloomberg survey. A reading above 50 indicates expansion. The yuan rose 0.04 percent to 6.4340 per dollar after rising 0.15 percent last week.

Regional Growth
Global funds bought $3 billion more Indonesian, South Korean and Thai stocks than they sold in July, according to exchange data. Asia’s emerging-market economies will expand 8.4 percent in 2011, almost quadruple the 2.2 percent growth projected for developed nations, the International Monetary Fund said in June.

India, South Korea, China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan and Thailand have raised borrowing costs this year. India’s benchmark rate is 8 percent and Indonesia’s is 6.75 percent, compared with a maximum 0.25 percent in the U.S. and Japan.

South Korea’s won approached a three-year high after a report showed consumer prices rose 4.7 percent last month, more than the 4.4 percent median forecast in a Bloomberg survey. A separate report showed exports climbed 27.3 percent from a year earlier in July, compared with a revised gain of 13.6 percent the previous month, contributing to a record trade surplus. The currency strengthened 0.3 percent to 1,050.70 per dollar.

‘Countering Inflation’
“The inflation data shows the government will focus on countering inflation,” said Kim Sung Soon, a Seoul-based senior currency trader at the state-run Industrial Bank of Korea. “The case for further interest-rate rises is strengthened.”

The baht strengthened by the most in a week after a report showed consumer prices rose 4.08 percent in July from a year earlier, holding above 4 percent for the fourth month.

Indonesia’s rupiah touched a seven-year high of 8,463 per dollar as a report showed exports climbed 49.3 percent in June from a year earlier, more than the median forecast in a Bloomberg survey for a 44.3 percent increase. A separate report said inflation slowed to 4.61 percent last month from 5.54 percent in June.

Elsewhere, the Singapore dollar strengthened 0.4 percent against its U.S. counterpart to S$1.2010 and the Taiwan dollar rose 0.2 percent to NT28.838. India’s rupee gained 0.3 percent to 44.08.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-01/asian-currencies-advance-on-chance-of-interest-rate-rises-u-s-debt-deal.html

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum