Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency

5 posters

Go down

Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency Empty Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency

Post by ADMIN Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:21 pm

By Oliver Holmes

TRIPOLI Jan 13 (Reuters) - Libya's central bank has started withdrawing old currency in an apparent attempt to restore liquidity into the country's banking system after it found that the vast majority of funds are being kept outside banks.

"One of the biggest implications in the economy is the increase of the percentage of money in the market outside the banks which is in excess of 15 billion dinars ($12 billion) or 96 per cent of available money," Saddeq Omar Elkaber, governor of the central bank told reporters on Friday.

"The bank has started printing a new Libyan currency to replace exist notes," he added.

ElKaber said that the central bank has set a timeline for withdrawing the old currency starting with the fifty dinar note, the highest value banknote.

"The bank is asking the Libyan banks to accept or facilitate the handover by accepting the fifty dinar banknotes," he said.

This measure is an indication that the Central Bank wants to return confidence to Libya's banking system, which suffered severely during the civil war that ended ex-leader Muammar Gaddafi's 42-year rule.

Read more here: http://af.reuters.com/article/libyaNews/idAFL6E8CD43320120113?sp=true

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency Empty Re: Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency

Post by supergirl Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:51 pm

interesting...time to start another.
supergirl
supergirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency Empty Re: Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency

Post by ou812 Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:53 pm

supergirl wrote:interesting...time to start another.

Maybe it will be as successful as the IQD was , wait "HUH"

ou812
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:18 pm

IT WILL MAKE IRAQ LOOK LIKE CRAP BECAUSE THEY GOT IT DONE IN NO TIME AT ALL.
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:22 pm

The Central Bank of Libya (CBL) is the monetary authority in Libya and enjoys the status of autonomous corporate body. The law establishing the CBL stipulates that the objectives of the central bank shall be to maintain monetary stability in Libya , and to promote the sustained growth of the economy in accordance with the general economic policy of the state.

The headquarter of the Central Bank is in Tripoli. However, to make the CBL services more accessible to commercial banks branches and public departments located far from the headquarter, the CBL has three branches located in Benghazi, Sabha and Sirte.

In March 2011, the governor of CBL, Farhat Bengdara, resigned and defected to the rebelling side of the 2011 Libyan civil war, having first arranged for the bulk of external Libyan assets to be frozen and unavailable to the Gaddafi regime.[1] As of September 2011, the bank's governor is Gasem Azzoz.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bank_of_Libya

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by supergirl Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:25 pm

@geezer - exactly!
supergirl
supergirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Thu Sep 1, 2011 11:44am BST

BENGHAZI, Libya (Reuters) - Britain's air force has flown 40 tonnes of freshly printed bank notes -- many bearing the image of fallen strongman Muammar Gaddafi -- into Libya to help its new rulers pay public workers and its banks to replenish cash machines.

The 280 million Libyan dinars, officially worth about $234 million (144 million pounds), is part of a consignment worth about $1.5 billion ordered by Gaddafi from British printing firm De La Rue Plc but blocked by Britain in March after he cracked down on protests.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/09/01/uk-libya-britain-cash-idUKTRE77U4OR20110901

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Libya sounds like the next hot currency, but most of us should probably ride out the Iraqi dinar roller coaster before getting involved in another investment. If you have a strong consitution, your stomach can probably take the ride. Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency 761671673

Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Libyan central bank starts withdrawing old currency Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Heck no... I will NEVER do this thing again... say what?

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Miskebam wrote:Thu Sep 1, 2011 11:44am BST

BENGHAZI, Libya (Reuters) - Britain's air force has flown 40 tonnes of freshly printed bank notes -- many bearing the image of fallen strongman Muammar Gaddafi -- into Libya to help its new rulers pay public workers and its banks to replenish cash machines.

The 280 million Libyan dinars, officially worth about $234 million (144 million pounds), is part of a consignment worth about $1.5 billion ordered by Gaddafi from British printing firm De La Rue Plc but blocked by Britain in March after he cracked down on protests.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/09/01/uk-libya-britain-cash-idUKTRE77U4OR20110901

MAKES YOU WANDER IF THIS IRAQI THING IS REAL? I MEAN LOOK HOW FAST LIBIA IS BOUNCEING BACK ON THERE BANKING SYSTEM.
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:43 pm

KINDA MAKES SHABIBI LOOK PRETTY BAD ,,....
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 pm

geezer wrote:MAKES YOU WANDER IF THIS IRAQI THING IS REAL? I MEAN LOOK HOW FAST LIBIA IS BOUNCEING BACK ON THERE BANKING SYSTEM.

I was pointing out the timing... funny how the currency went into place when the leader of the country was brought down... Look at the dates of the articles I provided...

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum