Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again!

Go down

Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again! Empty Great Read . . . June 30th date comes up again!

Post by santafe Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:43 pm

2010 G-20 Summit references June 30, 2011 date

Posted elsewhere.

G-20 Summit ends with currency truce

Forum achieves goals on financial safety net system, development agenda
November 13, 2010

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/artic...sp?aid=2928339

The Seoul G-20 Summit ended yesterday with leaders of the world’s most influential economies trying to paper over widening cracks in the global economy caused by a threatened “currency war” and rising trade protectionism.

The leaders agreed to produce “indicative guidelines” by June 30, 2011, to assess and correct current account imbalances that have fueled a round of competitive devaluations by some of the world’s leading economies.

President Lee Myung-bak said at a news conference that the world “is out of the so-called currency war” for the time being as the G-20 nations agreed to a temporary truce and support the concept of market-determined exchange rates.

In addition, they pledged to revive the Doha round of multilateral trade liberalization talks and reach a deal next year in an effort to head off trade protectionism.

But the final communique made little progress beyond the agreements reached last month among G-20 finance ministers and central bank governors at their Gyeongju meeting.

The G-20 leaders endorsed the Gyeongju recommendations, including:

* Financial sector reform, with the adoption of new capital requirements for global banks, the so-called Basel III rules.

* International Monetary Fund reform, which gives more voting power to emerging countries.

* Global financial safety nets, which was Korea’s main initiative on the G-20 agenda, and which creates a system of multilateral credits to provide emergency funds to countries that could suffer.

In addition, the G-20 approved Korea’s proposal to create a development agenda to narrow the gap between advanced countries and the world’s poorest nations.

Known as the Seoul Development Consensus for Shared Growth, it identified nine key pillars where action was needed, including infrastructure and human resource development.

“It was also significant that the G-20 had its first discussion on the development agenda,” said Lee, who added that the program to support the growth of 170 developing nations will reinforce the legitimacy of the G-20 as the global economic governance body.

The G-20 also promised to “spare no effort” at the upcoming climate change talks next month in Mexico - a year after Beijing stymied a deal in Copenhagen to curb greenhouse gases after 2012.

But these achievements were overshadowed by public disagreements on the currency and current account issues.

The U.S. came under fire for its recent decision on a second round of quantitative easing, which other countries said would weaken the value of the dollar and undermine the recent promises to end competitive devaluations.

Nonetheless, President Lee said that the implementation of the guidelines “will contribute greatly to preventing a future global economic crisis. We all have to cooperate for this.”

“These indicative guidelines composed of a range of indicators would serve as a mechanism to facilitate timely identification of large imbalances that require preventive and corrective actions to be taken,” the summit declaration said. Lee described the agreement as “remarkable progress.”

In principle, the G-20 leaders agreed to maintain current account imbalances at sustainable levels, with the IMF providing a progress assessment on global imbalances and exchange rate policies.

U.S. President Barack Obama yesterday commented on the failure of the U.S. and Korea to conclude a revision of their free trade agreement, saying he did not want “a trade agreement for the sake of trade agreement” but one that benefits both American and Korean workers.

France will play host to the next G-20 Summit in 2011.
santafe
santafe
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum