Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong

Go down

VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong   Empty VIETNAM - Banks try every way they can to attract dong

Post by lexie Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:15 pm

January 8, 2012

Banks try every way they can to attract dong

In order to offset the dong capital which has become short when businesses withdraw cash in masses these days to pay debts, pay bonuses and wages to workers, banks have been trying every way they can to attract dong.

Paying high for deposits

Offering high interest rates for deposits proves to be the most effective method to attract capital. However, since the dong deposit interest rate is capped at 14 percent per annum, banks have to increase the interest rates for gold deposits.

This explains why in the last three months, the gold deposit interest rates have made a lot of new records. The interest rates jumped from less than one percent per annum in September 2011 to 2 percent in mid October for one month term deposit. Meanwhile, Saigon Bank is now offering the interest rate at 3.5 percent per annum.

Not only gold, the interest rates of non-dollar deposits have also increased greatly. The interest rates applied to euro, Australian dollar, Canadian dollar have been as high as four percent per annum.

Experts believe that banks mobilize capital in gold, then use the gold as the mortgaged assets to borrow dong on the interbank market to improve their liquidity. Banks have also been using the non-dollar foreign currencies they mobilize to convert into dong to serve the lending.

Though the State Bank of Vietnam has threatened to heavily punish the commercial banks which offer more than 14 percent for dong deposits, Thoi bao Kinh te Saigon has quoted its sources as saying that some banks are offering more than 14 percent for the 1-month deposits worth more than 500 million dong.

Vu Thanh Tu Anh, Research Director of Fulbright Economics Teaching Program, said that the problem of the banking sector now is that too many administrative instructions have been used, which has distorted the market. The ceiling interest rate mechanism is one of the policies. Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam Nguyen Van Binh himself has affirmed that the central bank will remove the ceiling interest rate mechanism.

Rushing to launch sale promotion campaigns

“If you deposit money at banks these days, you will get gifts, no matter what banks you deposit at,” a credit officer at a big bank in district 5 in HCM City said.

“Nowadays, if you don’t run any sale promotion campaign, you will never be able to attract deposits from clients,” he affirmed.

At Saigon Bank, the new bank which has formed up from the merger of three banks, a sale promotion program is being run with the total value of prizes up to 32 billion dong. This seems to be the biggest promotion program these days, which is applied to the deposits worth of five million dong and higher, lasts from January 3 to March 31.

After finishing a promotion program, Viet A Bank has kicked off another promotion program, lasting from January 9 to March 24, which has the total prizes worth up to 12 billion dong.

A representative of Viet A said that thanks to the promotion programs, the volume of cash withdrawn from the bank did not increase too sharply, which allows the bank to set up its business plan.

Vo Tien Dat, Director of the district 1’s branch of VIB Bank, said that his bank is also running a promotion program, under which the award for the first prize is one kilo of SJC gold, worth 1.1 billion dong.

The program, according to Dat, aims to attract more dong to the bank, and encourage depositors not to withdraw money from the bank. Dat said that the amount of dong withdrawn from the bank recently has increased by 15-20 percent, since businesses need money to pay wages and bonuses to staff, and make payment.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2012/01/banks-try-every-way-they-can-to-attract.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum