Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL

HomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
YOU MUST Sign in with your USERNAME to POST
Follow us on TWITTER
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 

Today from moneynews.com

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SEBtopdog
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Today from moneynews.com   Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Today from moneynews.com --

IMF Chief: World Economy at a 'Very Dangerous Juncture'

Wednesday, 21 Dec 2011 07:07 AM

IMF Chief Christine Lagarde warned that the world economy is at a "very dangerous juncture," speaking of the potential impact on poorer nations during her first visit to Africa as head of the fund.

The International Monetary Fund managing director spoke of a crisis of confidence with high unemployment and slowing global growth.

"Currently the world economy stands at a very dangerous juncture," Lagarde told a roundtable Tuesday on Africa's economic future in the Nigerian city of Lagos.
She said the IMF's revised global growth forecast expected in January looked to be lower than the previous one in September, which was four percent, already down from June's outlook.

"And what's more, there are downside risks on the horizon that are really threatening the recovery process that had started" after the 2008-09 global financial crisis, she said.

The IMF has said Europe's worsening economy and financial market turmoil meant it will revise downwards its predictions for global growth contained in its World Economic Outlook report published three months ago.

Early this month, the UN cut its 2012 world growth forecast to 2.6 percent from 3.6 percent, warning that the global economy is "teetering on the brink of a major downturn."

Lagarde said on Monday during meetings with Nigerian officials that the European debt crisis posed a risk for "all economies of the world."

The eurozone debt crisis eased slightly Tuesday with an agreement on extra funds for the IMF, strong data from Germany and a good bond sale in Spain which boosted stocks and the euro.

The IMF also said Tuesday that bailed-out Ireland was on track to complete its budget turnaround after the fund completed a fourth review.

But the broader deal on funds for the IMF — aimed at allowing the crisis lender to come to the aid of European nations caught up in the debt crisis — fell short of targets, with Britain again out of line with its EU neighbors.

Lagarde did not comment directly on the new pledges of funds from European nations for the IMF, nor did she respond to a question on Britain's stance on the issue.

She said during the roundtable in Lagos that European leaders "have made some very strong decisions" but added later that "it's going to boil down to implementation."

Lagarde spoke of the impact on trade and finance, among other areas, that could cause trouble across the globe, and called on wealthy nations to enact policies that would send clear positive signals to investors and consumers.

"Those problems seem a world away but they are not a world away because what we see very clearly is channels of contagion between those advanced economies and the rest of the world," she told the audience in Nigeria.

She earlier held talks with Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan after meeting Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, a respected former World Bank managing director who also participated in Tuesday's roundtable.

Nigeria has long been held back by corruption and mismanagement despite its vast oil wealth.

Most of its population lives on less than $2 per day and electricity blackouts occur daily, while the country's mainly Muslim north has been hit by scores of deadly attacks attributed to Islamist group Boko Haram.

The government is seeking to enact reforms, including a deeply controversial measure which would lead to an increase in petrol prices, to allow the country to invest more in its badly neglected infrastructure.

Lagarde later left Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation and largest oil producer, and travelled to neighboring Niger, one of the world's poorest countries and heavily dependent on trade with Europe, particularly France.

On Wednesday she was due to meet President Mahamadou Issoufou and deliver a speech on economic challenges amid the global uncertainty before the National Assembly.

Lagarde is also expected to visit South Africa, the economic powerhouse of sub-Saharan Africa, in the coming weeks.
Copyright © 2011 AFP. All rights reserved

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Today from moneynews.com   Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Thanks for posting this informative article Sebbie!! If I could just get the hang of colors & fonts in here someday that will be so nice!! GRRRR!! I have to re-do my posts at least 5x to look right! SEE?!

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SEBtopdog
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Today from moneynews.com   Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 pm

You're kidding, of course, Cat. You are my IT guru! :geek:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Today from moneynews.com   Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Unfortunately no...I am not kidding!!! I have to re-do my posts about 5x (give or take!) to make the entire post be the right color, bolded or not bolded, yada yada yada! Rolling Eyes 🇳🇴 SEE?!?!? lmao

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SEBtopdog
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Today from moneynews.com   Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Well, at least we have WIDGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bball: :cheers: lol! :joker: :geek: lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DevaronDLH
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Today from moneynews.com   Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Has anyone bothered to ask the Question: "Who gains the most from the financial collapse or the collapse of banks, stocks, insurance etc."?
Every time there is a financial collapse someone or some institute gains from it. Banks gain the property they funded, stock markets bet on turndowns and gain from the failure of one stock over another...
Who will gain the most from the financial collapse of Europe or America?
If you can answer this question you will have found the physical enemy of us all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://http:uvian.org
SEBtopdog
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Today from moneynews.com   Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:20 pm

@DevaronDLH wrote:
Has anyone bothered to ask the Question: "Who gains the most from the financial collapse or the collapse of banks, stocks, insurance etc."?
Every time there is a financial collapse someone or some institute gains from it. Banks gain the property they funded, stock markets bet on turndowns and gain from the failure of one stock over another...
Who will gain the most from the financial collapse of Europe or America?
If you can answer this question you will have found the physical enemy of us all.

What's your conclusion, DeveronDLH? I'd be interested in your opinion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cashinhand

PostSubject: Re: Today from moneynews.com   Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:21 pm

devarondlh.... I like your thought process well you think alot like I do. I am sure most people have played the game RISK. Do you ever notice you cant be satisfied untill you take over the entire world. My buddies and I we would play all night just to see who would win. My point I think if we could really see what goes on behind closed doors it would scare us to death. The Bible makes it very clear..

"man has dominated man to his own injury" This behavior is documented for thousands of years, history repeats itself again..again...again. "the love of money is the root of all evil" WAR==OIL==GREED==MONEY==POWER... My point is that Solomen said "after everything has been said.. the whole obligation of man is fear the true God and keep his commandments"

As for who will gain the most from financial collapse of Europe or America. That my friend is a very profound question. The "ELITE" some how walk away from any financial disaster with more money than they started with.

I feel its hard for a lot of us to see the forest from the trees with this investment. With the creation of the internet we have options at our disposal that no one in history before us has had. This to me is why we can access the infomation that allows us to think beyond the box. Folks we are at the threshold of a lot of wealth. Keep your focuss. Only the true God can fix the ultimate problem with mankind. Untill then STAY THE COURSE.

cashinhand
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Today from moneynews.com
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: AROUND THE WORLD NEWS and CURRENT EVENTS :: WORLD-
Jump to: