Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas

+26
pheasanthunter
wenlee
happywelshguy
TexDave
MiddleClassMaiden
rrm7777
Cardiac99
SEBtopdog
scaramouche
ruthie23
Horizon
renny123
Dinar4silver
ou812
H2OMAN
Alchemist
Bruno
explorer
Ponee
Awareness1
panamabev
Kevind53
Azure
HezekiaH
Leliu5th
rick152
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 Empty Re: while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:49 am

Any annuity will have "fees," actually penalties for taking out too much over the life of the contract. Typically with the ones I deal with as a licensed agent the amount that can be withdrawn without a penalty is 10% a year. Some exclude the first year, some allow you to take out more if you did not withdraw the year before. Typically the contract life is between 5 and 10 years with the 8 - 10 year time period being the most common.

Wenlee I think, is mixing up INDEXED annuities, with VARIABLE annuities. An indexed annuity is a FIXED annuity that is tied to some equity index typically with some sort of cap or participation rate. A variable annuity is very similar to a mutual fund in that it is invested (not tied) to an equities fund. With an indexed annuity there is no market risk, while with a variable annuity there is.

Life insurance and annuities most definitely have a place in financial planning. But they are not the only things to be considered. Anyone who has sizable assets needs to have a financial team, tax layer, insurance agent and financial planner at a minimum who will work with them AND with each other to develop a comprehensive plan of wealth management and succession. Choose carefully, but I would not limit myself to just the big three or big four. Almost any insurance company will be more stable than a bank in hard times by the nature of their business and the types of investments that are made.

Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 Empty Re: while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas

Post by awilliams Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 pm

What a great thread! One of the most valuable I have seen in a while.

4silver, asked a question towards the begging of this thread with regards to taxes. I know this is a touchy subject especially for US citizens, but I live in Panama and my wife is Panamanian. We already met with our attorney last week to discuss any relevant tax issues that could arise from our cashing of the Dinar here.

Basically, after much discussion and back and forth, he determined that if the Dinar was cashed in my wifes name´, that under Panama law there would be no tax issue pertaining to income or capital gain taxes.

I know this does not apply to most here in the forum, but at least for now we seem to be covered from our end down here.

Regarding investments post RV: I also agree with H20 that entertainment and leisure are good bets especially if there simply part of the overall diversification. I have thought about some amount into a small yacht charter business. i know yachts are money pits, but I do know of a guy in the US whom has developed technology that can converts larger heavy duty diesel engines to run solely on hydrogen gas generated from salt water. So in essence, if I could do this then the largest operational expense of such a business could easily be halved.

As such, we enjoy owning and operating a local charter business that is very competitively priced and also take advantage of the beautiful marine destinations, activities, and tourist areas that Panama has to offer.

Aaron

awilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by H2OMAN Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:20 pm

There are many investment newsletter companies out there...The one I have subscribed to for nearly a year now is Stansbury and Associates. I recieve daily E-mail reports. These investment reports are real money makers when you follow their recommendations....These guys are the real deal and offer different advisory products for all types of investments. You recieve their advice and do your own investing and trades. After the RV check them out, or if you are actively trading now, you owe it to yourself to look at what they offer. It would be great if they were paying me to recommend them, but I am shareing this because I'd like to see my family here prosper....just an FYI.
H2OMAN
H2OMAN
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks H2O,I googled them,very interesting. :cheers:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:32 am

H2OMAN wrote:There are many investment newsletter companies out there...The one I have subscribed to for nearly a year now is Stansbury and Associates. I recieve daily E-mail reports. These investment reports are real money makers when you follow their recommendations....These guys are the real deal and offer different advisory products for all types of investments. You recieve their advice and do your own investing and trades. After the RV check them out, or if you are actively trading now, you owe it to yourself to look at what they offer. It would be great if they were paying me to recommend them, but I am shareing this because I'd like to see my family here prosper....just an FYI.

Thanks.

Last edited by punisher on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:23 pm

One thought I have been considering is to buy up a grocery wholesale house. Not only would this allow to make profits by the resale of goods but also allow to use these less cost goods to be distributed (given away) to needy families. The more profit, the more that could be given away, and still be ahead. ...rick152

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodGosh Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:35 pm

rick152 wrote:One thought I have been considering is to buy up a grocery wholesale house. Not only would this allow to make profits by the resale of goods but also allow to use these less cost goods to be distributed (given away) to needy families. The more profit, the more that could be given away, and still be ahead. ...rick152

This is quite admirable Rick however, you would be dependent on someone else (most likely a corporate entity) to provide the product for you. In this corrupt corporate world, it seems to be the wiser choice to choose those plans and investments where we are not dependent on the corporate entity. It is my personal belief that in addition to all the economical and political changes we are witnessing, we will also see the corporate structure topple in the near future (unless of course the entity is/was created and designed for the good of all).

IMHO

GG
GoodGosh
GoodGosh
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

while we wait lets look at this, Investment ideas - Page 3 Empty Muni bonds

Post by slimpickens Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 pm

pheasant hunter

I show as a novice on Okie but I am not a novice on Muni's. Buy only Texas bonds with the Permanent School Fund backing will have the highest rating possible. Becareful about chasing the rate because the bonds are priced on rate of return based on current interest rate ( rates change). The rates are lower for quality.

slimpickens

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 am

With so many different types of business ideas here I thought I would add this...

Especially in businesse(s) plural for a single owner.

Lets look at the real estate part for our example here tonight.

Lets say one wishes to obtain several rental properties as income (rentals). It matters not whether they are single family homes, duplexes, quads or, apartment blocks. One should first form a "parent" corperation, and each individual "set" would be "enveloped" "under" the said corperation. Appearing as seperate companies with seperate bank accounts and seperate accounting.

Each seperate would be responsible to the parent, (allocating monies to the parent) AND seperate as to take care of themselves, IE funding, insurance,etc. Being "seperate but of the same would go a long way to "protect" the parent from the unforseen. One seperate fails the corp/parent remains healthy.

The other part would be to have most if not all employees of said companies/seperates be "contract" workers. In this said employee would be paid cash and be individually responsible for there own taxes, ssi, etc. These employees could be paid more money weekly to accomidate for those taxes but keeping them seperated from the company and the corperation. "Contract" employees are submitted each year a 1099 form instead of a W2. Other incentives could also be offered to said employees like medical insurance etc. A "withholding" account could also be offered, as a sort of "savings account" for taxes later due by the employee. Given to said employee around tax time.

These type applications can fit any type of multiple business scenario's. Keep them seperate and safe.

Look at major corps that do just this. Pepsico has Frito lay and Taco Bell all seperate. Same pattern.

If anyone has any to add to this, please bring it on.

Again I am not a tax advisor nor a attorney (heaven for bid) so please consult the approiate professional

...rick152

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 am

rick152 wrote:With so many different types of business ideas here I thought I would add this...

Especially in businesse(s) plural for a single owner.

Lets look at the real estate part for our example here tonight.

Lets say one wishes to obtain several rental properties as income (rentals). It matters not whether they are single family homes, duplexes, quads or, apartment blocks. One should first form a "parent" corperation, and each individual "set" would be "enveloped" "under" the said corperation. Appearing as seperate companies with seperate bank accounts and seperate accounting.

Each seperate would be responsible to the parent, (allocating monies to the parent) AND seperate as to take care of themselves, IE funding, insurance,etc. Being "seperate but of the same would go a long way to "protect" the parent from the unforseen. One seperate fails the corp/parent remains healthy.

The other part would be to have most if not all employees of said companies/seperates be "contract" workers. In this said employee would be paid cash and be individually responsible for there own taxes, ssi, etc. These employees could be paid more money weekly to accomidate for those taxes but keeping them seperated from the company and the corperation. "Contract" employees are submitted each year a 1099 form instead of a W2. Other incentives could also be offered to said employees like medical insurance etc. A "withholding" account could also be offered, as a sort of "savings account" for taxes later due by the employee. Given to said employee around tax time.

These type applications can fit any type of multiple business scenario's. Keep them seperate and safe.

Look at major corps that do just this. Pepsico has Frito lay and Taco Bell all seperate. Same pattern.

If anyone has any to add to this, please bring it on.

Again I am not a tax advisor nor a attorney (heaven for bid) so please consult the approiate professional

...rick152

Sounds like good advise Rick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:47 pm

While we wait for the gag order to be done, there is a lot here to read to keep us busy ... I am sure there are several members who could add to it

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum