Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain

2 posters

Go down

IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain Empty IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain

Post by lexie Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Oct 30, 2011 17:06 EDT

IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund said on Sunday that it was considering how better to help countries under economic strain because of financial market stress but said it was not targeting particular countries.

The global lender was responding to weekend reports, including one in Japan's Yomiuri Shimbun, that said the IMF would create a new short-term lending facility to prevent the current financial crisis in Europe from spreading.

The newspaper, citing unnamed sources, said the IMF was likely to provide funds for countries like Italy and Spain where government bond yields remain at high levels.

In a statement, the IMF said that over the past year it was reviewing existing lending arrangements, building on reforms begun in 2008 and 2009 to add to its tools for responding to crises.

It did not directly respond to the suggestion that it might set up a new lending facility.

"The aim of the review is to enhance the ability of the Fund to mitigate contagion by providing liquidity to countries with relatively strong policies and fundamentals that are affected by heightened global or regional financial market stress," the IMF said.

But it said its efforts were intended to meet potential needs of all its members and were not "targeted at particular countries" and have no indication when it might come to any decisions.

http://www.newsmeat.com/news/meat.php?articleId=121729844&channelId=2951&buyerId=newsmeatcom&buid=3281

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain Empty Re: IMF mulls how to better help countries under strain

Post by Gmansaid Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:42 pm

I have a suggestion. The IMF could just stop making loans to countries that are impossible to pay back.

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum