Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
World population: How big is 7 billion?   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

World population: How big is 7 billion?

+7
Terbo56
Alchemist
Gmansaid
dinarstar
watchman42
godsfool713
lexie
11 posters

Go down

World population: How big is 7 billion?   Empty World population: How big is 7 billion?

Post by lexie Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:43 am

PUKmedia 2011-10-30 16:36:00

World population: How big is 7 billion?

The global population is expected to reach 7 billion Monday - just 12 years after hitting 6 billion - and the milestone has many pondering the complex challenges associated with billions more people on Earth in the coming years.

Some are also pondering something else: Just how big is 7 billion really? Some are also pondering something else: Just how big is 7 billion really?

It's a number that's easy to underestimate. It's a number that's easy to underestimate.

On the surface, it doesn't look much different than 6 billion, either in written form or numeric form. On the surface, it doesn't look much different than 6 billion, either in written form or numeric form. There are nine zeros in 6,000,000,000, just like there are nine zeros in 7,000,000,000. There are nine zeros in 6,000,000,000, just like there are nine zeros in 7,000,000,000. But if you counted every number in between them, it would take more than 30 years. But if you counted every number in between them, it would take more than 30 years. Yes, three decades. Yes, three decades.

And when was the last time you used 7 billion in everyday life? And when was the last time you used 7 billion in everyday life? Have you ever eaten 7 billion of something? Have you ever eaten 7 billion of something? Have you ever owned 7 billion of anything? Have you ever owned 7 billion of anything? Early this year, there were only 140 people in the world who were worth $7 billion, according to Forbes magazine. Early this year, there were only 140 people in the world who were worth $ 7 billion, according to Forbes magazine.

"The number is just outside of our usual everyday scale of thinking," said Klaus Volpert, an associate professor of mathematics at Villanova University. "The number is just outside of our usual everyday scale of thinking," said Klaus Volpert, an associate professor of mathematics at Villanova University. "We count to 10 on our fingers and that's our scale, you know? Even counting to a million is already kind of outside of the everyday experience. And then once you go past a million, it becomes a blur." "We count to 10 on our fingers and that's our scale, you know? Even counting to a million is already kind of outside of the everyday experience. And then once you go past a million, it becomes a blur."

Here are some different ways that might help you envision the enormousness of 7 billion: Here are some different ways that might help you envision the enormousness of 7 billion:

-- Seven billion seconds ago, the year was 1789. - Seven billion seconds ago, the year was 1789. That was the year George Washington was inaugurated as the first US president and Congress met for the very first time. That was the year George Washington was inaugurated as the first US president and Congress met for the very first time.

-- If you took 7 billion steps along the Earth's equator -- at 2 feet per step -- you could walk around the world at least 106 times. - If you took 7 billion steps along the Earth's equator - at 2 feet per step - you could walk around the world at least 106 times.

-- Suppose an average thimble holds 2 milliliters of water. - Suppose an average thimble holds 2 milliliters of water. Seven billion of those thimbles would fill at least five Olympic-sized swimming pools. Seven billion of those thimbles would fill at least five Olympic-sized swimming pools.

-- Let's say the average human is about 5 feet tall, accounting for children. - Let's say the average human is about 5 feet tall, accounting for children. If you stack those 7 billion people end to end, they would reach about 1/14th of the way to the sun -- or 27 times the distance to the moon, Volpert said. If you stack those 7 billion people end to end, they would reach about 1/14th of the way to the sun - or 27 times the distance to the moon, Volpert said.

-- Seven billion ants, at an average size of 3 milligrams each, would weigh at least 23 tons (46,297 pounds). - Seven billion ants, at an average size of 3 milligrams each, would weigh at least 23 tons (46,297 pounds).

"Our mind just staggers," Volpert said, when thinking about how big 7 billion really is. "Our mind just staggers," Volpert said, when thinking about how big 7 billion really is. He said there's a similar feeling when trying to grasp ultra-tiny measurements or something as vast as outer space. He said there's a similar feeling when trying to grasp ultra-tiny measurements or something as vast as outer space.

"Every once in a while when we look up at the stars, we get a glimpse of the scale that's beyond the human scale, and it's fascinating and great," he said. "Every once in a while when we look up at the stars, we get a glimpse of the scale that's beyond the human scale, and it's fascinating and great," he said.

Population experts are hoping that more people begin to grasp the 7 billion concept soon, because the number has skyrocketed in recent years and the situation is becoming more urgent. Population experts are hoping that more people begin to grasp the 7 billion concept soon, because the number has skyrocketed in recent years and the situation is becoming more urgent. (See populations country-by-country) (See populations country-by-country)

The world didn't reach 1 billion inhabitants until 1800, according to the Population Reference Bureau, and it reached 2 billion in 1930. The world didn't reach 1 billion inhabitants until 1800, according to the Population Reference Bureau, and it reached 2 billion in 1930. But with advances in modern medicine, it took only 30 more years to reach 3 billion, 14 years to reach 4 billion, 13 years to reach 5 billion and 12 years to reach both 6 billion and 7 billion. But with advances in modern medicine, it took only 30 more years to reach 3 billion, 14 years to reach 4 billion, 13 years to reach 5 billion and 12 years to reach both 6 billion and 7 billion.

The UN has estimated a population of 9.3 billion by 2050, and there is expected to be more than 10 billion people on Earth by 2100. The UN has estimated a population of 9.3 billion by 2050, and there is expected to be more than 10 billion people on Earth by 2100.

"We're getting into more and more trouble the bigger the number gets," said John Bongaarts, vice president of the Population Council, an international nonprofit group. "We're getting into more and more trouble the bigger the number gets," said John Bongaarts, vice president of the Population Council, an international nonprofit group. "Every billion people we add makes life more difficult for everybody that's already here." "Every billion people we add makes life more difficult for everybody that's already here."

Source: CNN Source: CNN

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.pukmedia.com/english/

Last edited by lexie on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

World population: How big is 7 billion?   Empty Re: World population: How big is 7 billion?

Post by godsfool713 Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:19 am

Happy Birthday Humanity!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce

many say there is not room?? 🇳🇴 , nonsense !!! every man and woman , and all the little children !!!

ALL. can live on the Continent of Australia and without anyone being on Queensland !!

the Non -elite are liars , and they are Creating Fake Crisis , Last year no wheat or soy or corn crops , this year rice in thailand the Peanut crops (NONE) !!

Please stock up !! Esp for your neighbor!!

godsfool713
godsfool713
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

World population: How big is 7 billion?   Empty Re: World population: How big is 7 billion?

Post by watchman42 Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:27 pm

[quote="godsfool713"]

many say there is not room?? 🇳🇴 , nonsense !!! every man and woman , and all the little children !!!

ALL. can live on the Continent of Australia and without anyone being on Queensland !!

the Non -elite are liars , and they are Creating Fake Crisis , Last year no wheat or soy or corn crops , this year rice in thailand the Peanut crops (NONE) !!

Shame on you again godsfool!

I pray that God will now send His righteous judgement upon you for continuing to spread such garbage. Look it is obvious that you are an agent of satan as you post such lies. You are not content in trying to force your way into heaven, which will fail, but like Jim Carry stated (you)/he wants to take as many with him as he can.

Yes, you are a fool as your name implies (godsfool713) and, you are the fool of the god of this world satan!

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. Matthew 7:13

God have mercy on your soul!

watchman42
watchman42
watchman42
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:59 pm

[quote="watchman42"]
godsfool713 wrote:

I pray that God will now send His righteous judgement upon you for continuing to spread such garbage. Look it is obvious that you are an agent of satan as you post such lies. You are not content in trying to force your way into heaven, which will fail, but like Jim Carry stated (you)/he wants to take as many with him as he can.

Yes, you are a fool as your name implies (godsfool713) and, you are the fool of the god of this world satan!

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. Matthew 7:13

watchman42

Careful Watchman,I had my post deleted for calling this individual "God's Fool",even though that's what is implied.GF can say what he/she/it wants to...( if "it" is perhaps one of the alien galactic commanders hereon,so maybe not having a gender as we earthlings know it ),and very aggressively too. Suspect

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman42 Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:57 pm

[quote="dinarstar"]
watchman42 wrote:
godsfool713 wrote:

watchman42

Careful Watchman,I had my post deleted for calling this individual "God's Fool",even though that's what is implied.GF can say what he/she/it wants to...( if "it" is perhaps one of the alien galactic commanders hereon,so maybe not having a gender as we earthlings know it ),and very aggressively too. Suspect

No problem. I will leave when God is ready, not a day before. I was kicked off the GET Team site long ago when hooking horns with Gankans, when he started posting this same type of garbage.
watchman42
watchman42
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmansaid Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:28 pm

[quote="watchman42"]
dinarstar wrote:
watchman42 wrote:
godsfool713 wrote:

watchman42

No problem. I will leave when God is ready, not a day before. I was kicked off the GET Team site long ago when hooking horns with Gankans, when he started posting this same type of garbage.

Those are some strong words, watchman42, and I am not sure they are justified. Sounds like the spiritual sherrif has died and left you in charge. I bet you were kicked off of the GET team site for the venom in your words and not the fact that you locked horns with Gankans.

There is a way to do it and you have set a remarkable example of what not to do. Temper your words.

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:42 pm

If all 7,000,000,000 were in Alaska, each would have .06 acres to each their own, and .025 acres each if they were in Texas! Am I rich yet?

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by godsfool713 Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:41 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

godsfool713
godsfool713
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:46 pm

It's plain to see he really doesn't care- too bad,really-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:39 pm

It's plain to see, what we need is another good old fashioned holy war crusade to cull the population.

godsfool713 wrote:
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kirkl Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:57 pm

The problem is the separatism that religion creates...the I'm better than you because I believe something different mindset...Why are we destroying each other and destroying the earth using fossil fuels when clean free energy sources are already available? Nasa has admitted to finding 100s of potentially habitable planets already and we haven't even begun to explore....Populating and exploring the universe feels to me like something we where created to do

THOSE WHO CONTROL ENERGY CONTROL THE WORLD
https://youtu.be/J4kcsXiwNbo
https://youtu.be/uWOxnXKB8VQ
kirkl
kirkl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman42 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:58 pm

[quote="Gmansaid"]
watchman42 wrote:
dinarstar wrote:
watchman42 wrote:
godsfool713 wrote:

watchman42

Those are some strong words, watchman42, and I am not sure they are justified. Sounds like the spiritual sherrif has died and left you in charge. I bet you were kicked off of the GET team site for the venom in your words and not the fact that you locked horns with Gankans.

There is a way to do it and you have set a remarkable example of what not to do. Temper your words.

Gmansaid,

Yes, they are very strong words and they are meant to be. We are living in a time where this New Age group and others like them are in direct opposition to God and His Word. If you are one of them then it applies to you as well. God's word is very clear, as there is only one way to heaven and only one! Those saved go to heaven and the rest spend eternity in h e l l. Godsfool states the exact opposite to scripture.

If you disagree with the standard - the Bible, then you are on the same path as godsfool. Jesus said that there was only one way to heaven, ONLY ONE. Why? To show everyone the correct Way. If you feel that godsfool is justified in deliberately misleading thousands on this site, then you couldn't be more wrong.

I'm very serious about godsfool's message being satanic, because it is. She, he, it is trying to teach that God really isn't Who He claims to be. If you agree with this and godsfool's decision to promote such falsehood then you too are blind.

The Bible is very clear, there is only one way the one can be saved and only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ. He said it Himself in John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Jesus also warned in Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it."

watchman42
watchman42
watchman42
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Religous fundamentalism is a good way of describing it. If they keep us fighting, maybe we can expedite the apocolypse?

kirkl wrote:The problem is the separatism that religion creates...the I'm better than you because I believe something different mindset...Why are we destroying each other and destroying the earth using fossil fuels when clean free energy sources are already available? Nasa has admitted to finding 100s of potentially habitable planets already and we haven't even begun to explore....Populating and exploring the universe feels to me like something we where created to do

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kirkl Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:25 pm

[quote="Alchemist"]Religous fundamentalism is a good way of describing it. If they keep us fighting, maybe we can expedite the apocolypse?

Exactly...It takes a arrogant narrow mind think your beliefs are more justifiable then 2/3rds of the rest of population and that that justifies death and persecution...How much more obvious does it have to get that we are being held hostage to serve an evil purpose

THOSE WHO CONTROL ENERGY CONTROL THE WORLD
https://youtu.be/J4kcsXiwNbo
https://youtu.be/uWOxnXKB8VQ
kirkl
kirkl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Teach 'em while they're young.

Palenstinians:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxwfAZa9J4

Israelis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4orltjQA0

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:23 pm

Alchemist wrote:If all 7,000,000,000 were in Alaska, each would have .06 acres to each their own, and .025 acres each if they were in Texas! Am I rich yet?

don't know if your rich yet, but still no RV, and 7 billion is nothing if you compare it to the US debt

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeCountyNM Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:31 pm

How many acres if the ice melted? BIG SMILE :cheers:
LeeCountyNM
LeeCountyNM
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:35 pm

LeeCountyNM wrote:How many acres if the ice melted? BIG SMILE :cheers:

I once had a nice lady from Texas tell me if all the Ice melted in Alaska, it would be the size of Arkansas. I told if that happens, she better learn how to tread water real good, because the only thing left of Texas would be the Davis Mountians, and they would be a island.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Najm93 Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:55 pm

The first stone!!!

"I pray that God will now send His righteous judgement upon you for continuing to spread such garbage"

And the second one!!!

"Yes, you are a fool as your name implies (godsfool713) and, you are the fool of the god of this world satan!"

A man is know by his deeds not his words.... Doesnt look like Christ like behavior to me....Just saying.....
Najm93
Najm93
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum