Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading

Go down

Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading Empty Vietnam - Central bank to tighten management over gold trading

Post by lexie Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:41 pm

October 29, 2011

Central bank to tighten management over gold trading

The State Bank of Vietnam yesterday announced a new draft decree on the management over gold trading, highlighting a restriction on those eligible for producing and trading the gold bullion bars.

Accordingly, only businesses with a minimum registered capital of VND500 billion (US$24.3 million) and holding at least 25 percent of the gold bullion producing market share in the last three years are licensed to make gold bullion bars.

The draft decree aims to discourage speculative and manipulative gold trading in Vietnam by reducing the number of businesses eligible to trade the metal through the setting of higher requirements for the gold trading business license.

To obtain the license, businesses are required to have a minimum registered capital of VND100 billion, two years of experience in trading gold, and a dealer and shop network in at least three provinces and cities.

Moreover, only those that have tax payments of at least VND500 million a year during the last two years are eligible for the license.

The central bank said it would also tighten imports and exports of raw material gold.
Figures from the central bank show that there are currently 12,000 gold traders around the country, mostly operating in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.

At present, the central bank has granted only eight gold traders and credit institutions the license to manufacture gold bullion.

The central bank said many gold traders have linked with each other to speculate on gold, opening illegal gold trading floors, illegally trading foreign currencies and manipulating the gold market.

Gold smuggling across Vietnam’s borders is also rife, it added.

The central bank said the undesirable activities on the domestic gold trading market were mostly caused by fluctuations on the global gold market, high inflation, and the instability of the country’s macro-economy, which encouraged the public to hoard gold against the depreciated national currency.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/10/central-bank-to-tighten-management-over.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum